Cosplay ideas for Comic Con NYC 2013

Options
The_GingerBeard_Man
The_GingerBeard_Man Posts: 197 Member
I am going to Comic Con NYC in October, and I am looking for some good costume ideas.

I kind of love my beard, and dont want to shave it off. My first thought is the Green Arrow, kind of CW Arrow style. But I am going for three days, and I kind of want to dress up three different ways! Anyone know of some other fun ideas for bearded guys?

Also, if any of you have some cool costumes pics from your adventures, please share.

Replies

• MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Leonidas!!! DOOO EEEEEIT!

Otherwise I cannot think of many others right on the spot lol, but there are probably lots of good characters that have beards.

I don't have pics from when I went to the one in Edmonton but I did the Songstress Costume of Yuna complete with my real hair colored and cut like hers hahaha. It was pretty good but not awesome for sure.
  • mushroomcup
    mushroomcup Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Leonidas!!! DOOO EEEEEIT!

Otherwise I cannot think of many others right on the spot lol, but there are probably lots of good characters that have beards.

I don't have pics from when I went to the one in Edmonton but I did the Songstress Costume of Yuna complete with my real hair colored and cut like hers hahaha. It was pretty good but not awesome for sure.

You beat me to it! All I needed to hear was "beard" and of course King Leonidas is the answer.
  • mushroomcup
    mushroomcup Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    If you're into Skyrim, you could always do a bearded Dovahkiin. Aside from King Leonidas, when I think beard, I think Nord.
  • MightyDomo
    Options
    If you're into Skyrim, you could always do a bearded Dovahkiin. Aside from King Leonidas, when I think beard, I think Nord.

Is it sad that I pronounce Dovahkiin just the same as the game every time I see it... or think of it lol. That's a pretty good idea! Doing a skyrim costume can be as much or as little work as you want really so it's really good option.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    You should go as Sailor Jupiter, the girls would be all up in dat!
  • delaniecastillo
    Options
    Go as Michael Moore!
  • Jamiecfc1
    Jamiecfc1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You could be Prince Vultan who was King of the flying people in Flash Gordon, you'd have to shout a lot though :)
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Ooh! Mr. Sinister. Aquaman... General Zod!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Plenty of Game of Thrones characters would let you keep the beard.
  • Nikki_XC
    Nikki_XC Posts: 69
    Options
    I am going to Comic Con NYC in October, and I am looking for some good costume ideas.

I kind of love my beard, and dont want to shave it off. My first thought is the Green Arrow, kind of CW Arrow style. But I am going for three days, and I kind of want to dress up three different ways! Anyone know of some other fun ideas for bearded guys?

Also, if any of you have some cool costumes pics from your adventures, please share.

Game of Thrones-y costumes
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Dr Strange
    Aquaman
    Mr Sinister
    Thor
    Odin
    Hercules
    Wolverine

You can always take a non-bearded character and just make him more epic as we all understand how beards just make everything better.
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Dr Strange
    Aquaman
    Mr Sinister
    Thor
    Odin
    Hercules
    Wolverine

You can always take a non-bearded character and just make him more epic as we all understand how beards just make everything better.

Good point!

In that case: Rogue.
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Rogue with a beard...umm I wonder if you touched her beard would she sap more than just your powers/life essence

ummm
    *strokes beard while pondering*
  • The_GingerBeard_Man
    The_GingerBeard_Man Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I do love skyrim, and I had been thinking about doing a dovahkin character. I love it.

Actually these are all great suggestions. Thanks!
  • More_Dakka
    More_Dakka Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Doctor Krieger
    tumblr_lzj7bkstjf1qkthyyo1_500.png

Aquaman
    Aquaman.png

Salvador
    Salvador_Borderlands_2.png

Jor El
    movies-man-of-steel-russell-crowe-jor-el.jpg

Heisenberg
    heisenberg.jpg

I'll be there dressed as Deathstroke!
  • BathtubBadger
    BathtubBadger Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    327876.jpg
  • MightyDomo
    Options
    I totally forgot about Salvadore and just thought about him before seeing that post! Borderlandsssss!

If you really wanted to be fun, be CL4P-TP. I would be love to see Clap Tap done hahaha, and if you were in my city while doing it I would 100% high five you and dress up as Maya.
  • granitendirt
    Options
    I killed it as a somewhat sexualized version of the Hamburgler at a supervillian convention last year. He, however, is beardless.
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Axton from Borderlands 2, he has some beardy heads
  • alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    Options
    Definitely approve of the Borderlands 2 Salvador recommendation.

Jet Black from Cowboy Bebop
    jet-black.png

Twisted Fate from League of Legends
    TwistedFateSquare.png

Edit to fix image.