For all of you who like to weight themselves every day

Options
It's considered general wisdom not to weigh yourselves every day. The body's weight naturally fluctuates by a couple of pounds up and down, and seeing the scale go up again the day after it read you'd lost a few can be disheartening. Weighing in once, maybe twice a week, gives you a more rounded view of what's going on.

However, for an awful lot of us it's a bit of an obsession ^_^

I use "The Hackers Diet" alongside MFP. It's not really a diet or a plan, just a way of monitoring weight loss. It has some other handy tools to calculate your average daily calorie deficit based on your weight loss, should you be interested in such things. I don't know the exact maths behind it...I read the theory, I really did, but I was never a mathematician ^_^;; the jist is that it uses the same maths that is used to make stock market projections. It plots your actual weight and figures in a little red line on the chart to show what your weight 'trend' is, so even if on the odd day you gain a couple extra pounds, you can see that actually, over all, you're still on track to loosing weight, which trust me, as I've found on a number of occasions in the past, can be a HUGE motivation booster if you're like me; "Oh I've put on a pound, what's the point in all this, I'm not loosing weight, I should just give up now"

The best thing is, it actually works best and provides a more acurate projection when you're weighing in every day, so it's fantastic for all us addicted to weighing in every day ^_^

I still love to use MFP because at the end of the day, it's just a fancy chart and it can't tell me how much I need to eat or how to adjust for my exercise etc, and of course because I can keep everyone updated on how I'm doing, but this is such a great little "side kick" if you will

https://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/HackDiet/

Replies

• zoey116
    Options
    bump
  • ❤B☩❤
    Options
    I was a little put off by the statement at the top of its page:

"How to lose weight and hair with poor nutrition..................." What a curious remark. :frown:
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    But not all of us who weigh daily get let down by the fluctuations. I know that if I'm eating properly and exercising, that any spike on the scale is due to muscle and water weight so I don't get discouraged. On the flip side, I *do* get highly motivated by the daily drops on the scale :) Win-win :D

Nonetheless, I'm off to check out your link. I love charting data. :smile:
  • andrewsa
    andrewsa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hackers Diet is great for info! I've found it very useful! Its not so much a diet, as an explanation, but I like it!
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    I weigh myself every day - Mornings and Evening but don't have my official weigh in days until Sunday. I don't let the number get to me because I know it's not going to stay forever.

I do it to check my progress - if the scale goes up the next morning, I know that I need to drink more water and push a little bit harder.

When I weigh myself in the evenings I'm "2lbs heavier" so for example when I see 164 at the end of the day I know I should be back to the 162 range...if not than I know I have too much sodium in my body and I need to drink a bit more water for the day.
    Also when I see that I'm only one pound heavier for the day, the next morning I know I may see a weight loss.

I like to see a number for at least two days in a row before I consider it a weight loss - unless it's my Official Weigh in day. The number I see is what I record.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Ready4Changes
    Options
    I do weigh myself every day and I like doing so. It keeps me motivated and on track.
  • gmgrant
    Options
    I like the others weigh myself daily. I also have an official wiegh in day. I use the other days to check for upward trends, it keeps me on track.