Can insulin resistant people ever "cheat"??

Options
zzcharge
zzcharge Posts: 42 Member
I have finally accepted that I, being insulin resistant, must eat low carb to lose weight. Lower carb doesnt work...It must be low carb. No flour, No sugar, no rice, no pasta..... With 100% compliance, I can lose 2 lbs in a week. But at some point on the weekend...I need a little frozen yogurt....or a little rice...or a little cereal...something. BUT...it seems to set me waaaay back. Either it triggers major cravings and/or I gain the 2lbs that i just lost. Either way I keep gaining and losing the same 2-3 lbs!. I started this journey at 210....I now fluctuate between 203-206. Is it possible that I cant cheat AT ALL???

Replies

• Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I was prediabetic. Considering the level of glucose and triglycerides in my blood, I was technically insulin resistant. I improved my glucose reading by simply eating at a deficit, losing weight at the same time. Nothing changes with my diet, I simply eat less and exercise more.

If you truly eat at a deficit your body doesn't have enough calories to store away as fat, and if it does when you occasionally over-eat, it will eventually be used up to keep you alive.

Perhaps exercise is the key. I work out about 5-6 days a week, and research has shown that physical exercise increases insulin sensitivity.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10683091
  • zzcharge
    zzcharge Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I exercise! At first I was a leslie sansone devotee....Then in April I switched to 30DS. Got up half hour earlier Mon-Fri. I did one complete round in about 6 weeks. Lost tons of inches but weight stayed the same. I started another round last month but now I have added leslie sansone again a couple evenings per week. Still the same. I have eaten at a deficit since before my 40th birthday....I am now 41! Still in the same range of weight. I am getting very discouraged!