Skinny Mini Cupcakes! *MUST CHECK OUT THIS RECIPE*

Options
softballislife7
softballislife7 Posts: 36 Member
This is my all time favorite recipe ever! It's so simple to make, it comes out so creamy and soft everytime, and there are so many different variations you can make of it!

Skinny Mini Cupcakes

Yield: 48 cupcakes

Ingredients

For Cupcakes:
½ box cake mix (dry mix only)
2 egg whites
½ cup water
1 6 ounce container yogurt the same flavor as the cake mix
1 tsp vanilla

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Using cupcake liners, line two mini muffin pans with cupcake liners and set aside.
3. In a stand up mixer or using a hand mixer, mix dry cake mix, vanilla, egg whites, yogurt, and water until well mixed. Mix around 2-3 minutes.
4. Using a spoon, evenly fill cupcake liners with cake batter.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of cupcake comes out clean.

and thats it! No joke! That's all! I got this recipe from this link "http://www.skinnymom.com/2013/04/15/skinny-mini-red-velvet-cupcakes" but its just so free to alter!

When I first tried it, I made the red velvet cupcakes as the recipe says and for one cupcake it was 26 Calories, 4 Carbs, 1 Fat, 1 Protein, 3 Sugar, 1 Calcium.... YES ONLY 26 CALORIES!

I got so excited I couldn't believe it! The yogurt gave it a bright red color and it was so soft and creamy! Not only is it healthy it was the best red velvet anything I've ever had!!!!

So it got me thinking, what if I could make other type of cupcakes with this? And right away I had to try another recipe!

Next I made vanilla cupcakes (using Pillsbury Traditional Yellow Cake Mix and Dannon Light & Fit Vanilla yogurt) and they had the same creamy consistency! They were amazing! and guess what! These ones were only 19 calories! (19 Calories, 4 Carbs, 0 Fat, 1 Protein, 2 Sugar, 1 Calcium)

I can't wait to try out this recipe with more flavors, like lemon, orange, or banana! My next adventure will probably be strawberry! I also wanna try chocolate cake mix with cherry yogurt to see if it tastes like cherries and chocolate (that's my favorite flavor anything)

That's it for now, but seriously you NEED to try this out. K bye! (:

Replies

• ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    :smile: Thanks for sharing!
  • mmcqueen927
    mmcqueen927 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    This sounds delicious!!! I want to try it, I have HUGE sweet tooth.

Is that (1) 6oz container of yogurt or 16 ozs of yogurt?
  • thisisiamj
    thisisiamj Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Harlequinndancer
    Harlequinndancer Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    well wouldn't you know...I was wondering what to do with the half box of cake mix that I actually have in the pantry lol..gonna have to try this out!
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    19 Calories??!!! YESSSSS!!!! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • softballislife7
    Options
    thats a single 6 oz container, usually around 100 calories for different flavors
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
  • mmcqueen927
    mmcqueen927 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!! Can't wait to try this.
  • softballislife7
    Options
    This sounds delicious!!! I want to try it, I have HUGE sweet tooth.

Is that (1) 6oz container of yogurt or 16 ozs of yogurt?

thats a single 6 oz container, usually around 100 calories for different flavors
  • sarahruizfitnessjourney
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, I think this is something I need to try.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mrskeziawallace
    Options
    i'll be trying this one!
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    These sound so good...

A little tip to make your cupcakes rise: preheat the oven to 375 instead of 350, then as soon as you put the cupcakes in turn it down to 350. When you open the door, lots of heat comes out and the internal temperature drops, causing the cupcakes to never rise properly. I do this will all of my baking that needs to rise and it helps so much.
  • DANCERPURPLE
    DANCERPURPLE Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • PaulVanda
    PaulVanda Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Could you tell us the actual weight of the cake mix please. Boxes over here are very variable in weight. Thanks.
  • sunshineanstars
    Options
    Bump
  • softballislife7
    Options
    Could you tell us the actual weight of the cake mix please. Boxes over here are very variable in weight. Thanks.

I did end up using two different size boxes and just poured out what looked to be like half. One box was closer to 500 g, another was more like 400g... doing the math around 235g would be around half, anywhere around that point would be good
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    God Bless you OP!
  • Butterflykisses123
    Butterflykisses123 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing, this looks great!!
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Bump