Fighting the newly wedded additional 25lbs (eek!)

Options
emlott88
emlott88 Posts: 75 Member
My husband and I recently moved to Germany with the USAF. I'm originally from New Zealand, and lived in Australia up until December when I joined my husband in the USA.

In Australia, I was active, had a full time busy job and lived with my best friend who was very health conscious. We ate well, and walked to work and back. Once I hit the USA, I ate whatever I wanted and was completely sedentary. Now I'm lazy and 25lbs heavier than I was when I left Australia! I'm depressed, and I feel like a failure as my self control with food is zero and I never have motivation to exercise.

My body hurts. I'm young, and it's hurting, this body is carrying around 20lbs more than it ever has! We don't have kids yet, and I refuse to let myself get any bigger than I was when I stood on the scales today.

My husband has no problems with weight as he has an active job, but I eat the same as him! Today, this ends, and I need to hold myself accountable. The only thing that will make me happier is by facing it directly.

The last of the chocolate is eaten, the chips have gone with my husband to work, and the pop tarts are being given out to his work mates! Today, I have my last 'cheat meal' for lunch and then it's business time!

I'm scared about letting myself down again. I have made some first steps- like cutting out by diet coke addiction for water and limiting myself to one caffeine free soda a day.

By the way- my 25lb weight loss is my initial goal. I ideally would like to get down to 115lbs, but I want an achievable goal at first, and that goal is to get rid of the weight I put on in the last 6 months.

Replies

• Newnameishardtofind
    Newnameishardtofind Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your journey.. Your young it wont be a problem.
  • Megs081211
    Megs081211 Posts: 150
    Options
    You've taken some amazing first steps by getting the junk out of the house. The plus side of being a military wife (I'm an army wife) is most bases you have free access to gyms. Try to get as active as you were before and eat more health conscious like you did before I'm sure you'll be able to lose the weight. I'm recently married as well and within 2 months I gained almost 30 lbs (I had a really bad job). Keep at it and don't let the days where you may falter let you down. Everyone has bad days. Good luck.
  • emlott88
    Options
    Thanks guys!

I know it sounds easy, but you know how it is - when you're looking at the scales and yourself in the mirror, it seems like a long road.

Megs yes you are right! I have access to the gym on base and will look at using it once I lose some of the initial weight. For now I am going to look at doing walks around our little country village and zumba. I'm not sure how successful that will be, but as you say, as long as I do what I was doing before, then I should be able to undo this mess.

Where are you based at?
  • emlott88
    Options
    You've taken some amazing first steps by getting the junk out of the house. The plus side of being a military wife (I'm an army wife) is most bases you have free access to gyms. Try to get as active as you were before and eat more health conscious like you did before I'm sure you'll be able to lose the weight. I'm recently married as well and within 2 months I gained almost 30 lbs (I had a really bad job). Keep at it and don't let the days where you may falter let you down. Everyone has bad days. Good luck.

Oops I guess I should have quoted you.
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    Another kiwi living overseas here (California). I gained over 60 pounds before is figured it out this time last year. Feel free to add me. I'm motivated as can be to turn my life around. So far so good :)

Thank you to you and your husband for serving overseas.
    You can do it mate :)
  • Megs081211
    Megs081211 Posts: 150
    Options
    Thanks guys!

I know it sounds easy, but you know how it is - when you're looking at the scales and yourself in the mirror, it seems like a long road.

Megs yes you are right! I have access to the gym on base and will look at using it once I lose some of the initial weight. For now I am going to look at doing walks around our little country village and zumba. I'm not sure how successful that will be, but as you say, as long as I do what I was doing before, then I should be able to undo this mess.

Where are you based at?

I love zumba, some bases offer free zumba classes through the gyms (not sure if that's what your talking about). I'm in Texas.
  • darmoni
    darmoni Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    try the jillian michael 30 days shred its a 20 min workout to do everyday at home

:)