What are some good snacks for curbing hunger?

Options
What are some good snacks to bring to work to snack on throughout the day that will curb my hunger and also be good for me? It's hard with all the temptations of "junk around" like candy, covered pretzels and other things not all that good.

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, jerky, fruits, vegetables, protein shakes/bars, nuts, and cheese.
  • ngyoung
    ngyoung Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    nuts
    full fat plain greek yogurt-add your own fruit if you want
    70% or higher dark chocolate
    berries
    avocado with garlic and a little olive oil
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Definitely greek yogurt. It's a good source of protein and won't break your calorie count. :)
  • dukeofllano
    dukeofllano Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Raw kale- it tastes so gross it makes you not hungry anymore ( but is so good for you!) Also, celery, red peppers, roasted cauliflower, coffee mixed with a vanilla protein shake, a shot of apple cider vinegar ( also gross but healthy!), boiled eggs, water with Mio. Munching on celery right now, as a matter of fact. =)
  • ohsoretro1
    Options
    I love putting cottage cheese on crisp bread, like Ryvita. You get to eat a lot for very few calories. I also am a bit of a Larabar addict, they are great when my energy is low and I'm getting the hunger shakes.
  • JayVarys
    JayVarys Posts: 37
    Options
    fruits and vegtables is what I use to take to school, anything with fiber too. Maybe nuts and almonds if you like.
  • SierraD0ll
    Options
    Celery,carrot sticks ,boiled eggs & protein bars .
  • Gmtribble90
    Gmtribble90 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt (I normally just buy Yopa! brand because it's convenient and delicious), cottage cheese with grape tomatoes, hummus with pita bread or pita chips, veggies with greek yogurt veggie dip (yummy!), string cheese, apples, celery with peanut butter and raisins (sounds a little weird, but really good), and organic energy/protein bars (I like Kroger's Simple Truth brand).
  • Becca1637
    Becca1637 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese. Its high in protein, low in calories, and fills you up!!!!
  • bugsychipr
    bugsychipr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Almonds are good for your heart. They go good with seedless grapes. I also take an apple. Depending on your budget, most grocery stores sell bags of sliced apples which might make it easier to snack on.
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Apples are my go-to when I'm hungry. The fiber they've got keep me full and the sweetness of them satisfy those mid-afternoon cravings. Lara bars are great, but not really low calorie. lately when i've wanted something salty, I chow down on some dried seaweed with seasalt.
  • bellaamor30
    bellaamor30 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Nuts!