To eat or not to eat...Calories that is.

Options
Hello, everyone. Don't you just love counting calories? Helping you lose weight? I do! LoL! I have my downfalls, especially when it comes to sweets...my major addiction! Can anyone share with me some 'healthy' snacks that suppress those sweet cravings and snacks you've never thought could be bad for you? Please share!

Thanks, guys! ;-)

Replies

• alwilson1974
    alwilson1974 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I really like the Larabars and the Kind bars. They have become my new go-to snacks when I am on the go and if I want a sweet treat. Also, if you like fruit I eat just strawberries, sponge cake and whipped cream!
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I love cinnamon yogurt, carrot cake yogurt and there are some awesome tasting protein bars out there that help me not miss my sweets too often. I still indulge myself when I want something I just learned to eat it in moderation with the mindset that I can have more tomorrow if I want some lol
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I have a cake and pastry weakness. One of my favorite go to desserts is: 1 slice of angel of food cake, 2 - 3 tablespoons of Lite Cool Whip, topped with fresh berries. Mmm... or I like Cadbury's snack size ice cream bars or Skinny Cow Strawberry ice cream sandwiches. :)
  • jewel22887
    jewel22887 Posts: 72
    Options
    fresh fruit of any variety I love strawberries and bananas, 60 calorie jello pudding, skim milk made chocolate, kettle corn is really good and if you don't get the one drenched in sugar it's pretty good for ya, fiber one coconut chocolate protein bar is really REALLY good and only 140 cal and has lots of fiber and protien
  • LilBritGettinFit
    LilBritGettinFit Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    yummy protein bars (pure protein double chocolate vanilla crunch are my fav right now), plain greek yogurt with chocolate protein powder or granola and berries, caramel rice cakes.
  • kenzie0884
    kenzie0884 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It's not really a snack, but I love peanut butter! I get the "Jif natural with a touch of honey" slap it on some Pita with a few slices of banana. So delicious, and takes my sweet craving away instantly. If you're looking for a healthier alternative to peanut butter, I have heard some good things about Almond butter.
  • Gigsluvscw
    Gigsluvscw Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Gala apple slices dipped into PB2. Yum!
  • waterwaif
    waterwaif Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    When I really want something sweet, I will make some quick trail mix with peanuts and semisweet or dark chocolate chips. Or I will mix some granola with some strawberry greek yogurt.

I also really, really love the white chocolate macadamia Luna bars for a quick fix that will fill you up, too.
  • Drea_ann
    Drea_ann Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have been sticking yogurt in the freezer and it has been helping my ice cream cravings. And because it's greek (higher in protein) it's keeping me fuller longer and my sweet tooth satisfied!
  • autumn26
    autumn26 Posts: 44
    Options
    Coconut greek yogurt with granola and berries....or half a banana dipped in greek yogurt and rolled in a tiny bit of granola and shredded coconut and then frozen. Yum!
  • Gmtribble90
    Gmtribble90 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Hmm...Jello snack packs (limit to one), Yopa! greek yogurt, Yoplait Light yogurt, Simple Truth organic bars (not low cal, but good meal replacements or if you need some more calories for the day, it's a delicious treat...my fave flavor is the chocolate brownie), fresh fruit, Kudos bars (yummy and 100 calories each...once again, limit to one).
  • iain_71
    iain_71 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this will apply in the US, but in the UK ice cream versions of chocolate bars can be around 80-100 calories less.
    I eat a lot more fruit now which helps my sweet tooth, the more I vary the types of fruit I eat the less cravings I have.
    Ripe banana slit open, 1 tsp peanut butter, 3-4 small mini sugar free marshmallows, 3 squares chocolate (>70% Cocoa) bake 220oC (don't know oF) for 12 minutes. About 190 calories tastes great and cravings gone (Gizzi Erskine recipe).

I've been dieting for since the start of May and although it was difficult at the start much easier now.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Kirkland (Costco brand) makes an awesome trail mix with just the right amount of m&ms. Good fats and candy.... win! lol
  • sdwong
    sdwong Posts: 7
    Options
    Maybe skinny cow in the ice cream aisle? I've leaned towards Trader Joe's trail mixes that contain almonds and bits of chocolate bits.It's pretty good when I'm craving a twix bar and bag of chips at the same time. lol

Good luck!
  • bprincess4813
    bprincess4813 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    costco and sams club sell brownie brittle..really yummy and only 20 calories per square all you need is one or two..tastes like that crispy part of the brownie from the pan!!!
  • princessrunner2014
    Options
    I love the Skinny Cow Chocolate Truffle Bars! Sometimes a small bowl of Honey Nut cheerious and/or an apple with peanut butter. Yum!
  • figgyskater
    figgyskater Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would advise against packaged processed foods. After you get used to not having sweets for awhile, the cravings should die down a bit. Fruits are nature's candy! I either eat the fruit by itself as a snack or with some plain greek yogurt or some nuts.
  • JayVarys
    JayVarys Posts: 37
    Options
    Almond butter is good and good for you. Pretty much the same nutrition as regular peanut butter but less sodium. I get the 360 creamy brand. add some to a piece of whole wheat bread with alittle cinnamon . it tastes great.
  • curby782
    curby782 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The other day I took a 50 calorie whole grain wrap (LaTortilla Factory) and spread 2 tbls of chocolate PB2 on it. Then I wrapped it around a whole small banana. For 185 calories it was like eating a dessert. If you wanted to cut the banana in 1/2 lengthwise it would only be 140 calories.
  • toothpastechica
    toothpastechica Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have been trying (keyword trying), to snack better so in the afternoon especially, I try to only allow myself veggies with or without something on it.....celery (with natural peanut butter), broccoli or cauliflower with Masala Hummus, bell peppers etc. I still eat sweets, but find I am checking the labels more of what I bring home, and where sweets used to be anything yummy, now I look for things that are 150cal or less (skinny cow icecream sandwiches being a fave) and low on carbs. Just enough to enjoy, but portion controlled so that I don't eat a HUGE bowl of icecream like I used to.