Looking for friends

Options
I'm looking for someone to be semi-accountable to. Not necessarily someone who is in my face asking me if I've done everything I am supposed to do, but rather just to chat and find out how we are doing with our weight loss journey/ lifestyle change.
About me:
I'm pretty friendly, so I think I would be able to get along with almost anyone.
I'll be 22 on Wednesday.
I have about 50 lbs to lose, but I'd be happier even just 20-30 lbs down.
I am married and have a 15 month old daughter.
I've been walking/jogging outside and inside, and finished day 7 of 30 day shred today.
I'm extremely new to healthy eating, but am trying to minimize processed foods without feeling restricted.
And I live in Michigan.

Feel free to tell me about yourself and then add me. :)

Replies

• chancock6
    chancock6 Posts: 87
    Options
    Looking for much the same! I'm 19 and trying to get into shape and be healthy and active. It really helps when you have someone to be accountable to, someone who's aware of your progress and can help if there are bumps in the road.
  • kenzie0884
    kenzie0884 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Looking for much the same! I'm 19 and trying to get into shape and be healthy and active. It really helps when you have someone to be accountable to, someone who's aware of your progress and can help if there are bumps in the road.

I definitely agree! I accepted your add, feel free to message me anytime! :D
  • jandjcassidy
    jandjcassidy Posts: 143
    Options
    Hey all welcome!!! If you'd like to add me I like to help others!!
  • smmorri
    smmorri Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Sarah, I turned 22 last month...

My starting weight was 190, and my current weight is 168. I'm still working on what a 'realistic' goal weight is for me.... My profile says 120-125 lbs, but I am doing strength training, so 135-140 may be more ideal.

I am looking for more friends who are serious about losing weight, in a healthy way! I would love to be friends! :smile: We can motivate each other to the finish line!
  • kenzie0884
    Options
    Hey all welcome!!! If you'd like to add me I like to help others!!

Friend request sent! How awesome that you are a fitness coach!
  • Becca1637
    Becca1637 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 42 and even though I have a herniated disc that is causing me issues, I like to stay positive and I am determined to not GAIN any more weight!

Becca
  • kenzie0884
    Options
    I love the idea of having someone to help motivate me, and I do the same for them! I am definitely serious about losing weight, so no worries about me dropping out. I also accepted your request.

ETA: Forgot to quote, but that was to smmorri
  • Truckergirl922
    Options
    Hello, don't know if you are looking for friends that are twice your age, but we are already connected. My birthday is also Wednesday and I am originally from Michigan. I live in Texas now. I too need to lose about 50 lbs, but would settle for 20 and then go from there. I am not a strict dieter, I eat what I like but trying to be more conscious of the overeating or emotional eating. I am very new to the whole exercise thing, so I will need your motivation and will try to motivate you in return. If you are looking for friends closer to your age group, I understand and will not be offended. Good luck and hope to hear from my Cancer/Michigan sister soon ;)
  • kenzie0884
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 42 and even though I have a herniated disc that is causing me issues, I like to stay positive and I am determined to not GAIN any more weight!

Becca

I'll send you a request. I'm sorry you have to struggle with the herniated disc, and I assume pain from it. It's great that you have a positive attitude though, and I have faith that you can push through it to get to whatever goal you have set. :)
  • kenzie0884
    Options
    Hello, don't know if you are looking for friends that are twice your age, but we are already connected. My birthday is also Wednesday and I am originally from Michigan. I live in Texas now. I too need to lose about 50 lbs, but would settle for 20 and then go from there. I am not a strict dieter, I eat what I like but trying to be more conscious of the overeating or emotional eating. I am very new to the whole exercise thing, so I will need your motivation and will try to motivate you in return. If you are looking for friends closer to your age group, I understand and will not be offended. Good luck and hope to hear from my Cancer/Michigan sister soon ;)

I'll take friends from any and all ages! I don't have a lot of friends in real life that are looking to lose, so I am hoping by making a bunch on here, I'll always have someone to talk to about my struggles and accomplishments. How cool is it, that our birthdays are the same days! What part of MI are you from? I'll definitely send you a request. :)
  • wprimus
    wprimus Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm looking for someone to be semi-accountable to. Not necessarily someone who is in my face asking me if I've done everything I am supposed to do, but rather just to chat and find out how we are doing with our weight loss journey/ lifestyle change.
    About me:
    I'm pretty friendly, so I think I would be able to get along with almost anyone.
    I'll be 22 on Wednesday.
    I've been walking/jogging outside and inside, and finished day 7 of 30 day shred today.
    I'm extremely new to healthy eating, but am trying to minimize processed foods without feeling restricted.
    And I live in Michigan.

Hi, I'm 27 and am also trying to lose weight. Like yourself, I'll be happy losing 20-30 lbs. I used to be a Division 1 athlete, and since I graduated from college, I haven't even tried to exercise. I have a 13 month year old, so I don't have much "ME" time. Fitting exercise in after a long day of work and mommy/wife duties, just isn't on my agenda. I've tried eating healthy and working out several times, but usually end up quitting after a couple of weeks. But I've just recently purchased Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD, and will be on Day 4 tomorrow. Her 20-30 minute workout is exactly what I needed - not too long, but just enough to get a sweat and my heart rate up. I see you're on day 7 of 30 Day Shred - how has it been for you so far? Are you seeing any difference yet? I also purchased another one of her DVD's, "Killer Abs", but I haven't tried it yet. I'm thinking about doing my 30 Day Shred workout, followed by that. I find that I actually am sticking to JM's workout...probably because it doesn't take up too much time, and I can do it whenever I have the time to, within my own home. The healthy eating part is my problem - I love my chocolate and sweets :-/ But I'm hoping that I can stick it out and hopefully see some results at the end of the 30 days.
  • kellyj022
    kellyj022 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request!
  • kenzie0884
    Options
    About me:
    I'll be 22 on Wednesday.
    And I live in Michigan.

Hi, I'm 27 and am also trying to lose weight. Like yourself, I'll be happy losing 20-30 lbs. I used to be a Division 1 athlete, and since I graduated from college, I haven't even tried to exercise. I have a 13 month year old, so I don't have much "ME" time. Fitting exercise in after a long day of work and mommy/wife duties, just isn't on my agenda. I've tried eating healthy and working out several times, but usually end up quitting after a couple of weeks. But I've just recently purchased Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD, and will be on Day 4 tomorrow. Her 20-30 minute workout is exactly what I needed - not too long, but just enough to get a sweat and my heart rate up. I see you're on day 7 of 30 Day Shred - how has it been for you so far? Are you seeing any difference yet? I also purchased another one of her DVD's, "Killer Abs", but I haven't tried it yet. I'm thinking about doing my 30 Day Shred workout, followed by that. I find that I actually am sticking to JM's workout...probably because it doesn't take up too much time, and I can do it whenever I have the time to, within my own home. The healthy eating part is my problem - I love my chocolate and sweets :-/ But I'm hoping that I can stick it out and hopefully see some results at the end of the 30 days.

30 day shred is going good. I am finally able to keep up with everything without getting tired as of yesterday! I did the entire thing every day, but I would just get so out of breath and tired, and that's gone away. I assume it will be back when I start level 2 though! As for results, I am not really noticing much difference yet personally. I did take before pictures, and I wanted to take "during pictures" on either day 5, or today (day 7), but I am having my time of the month, so I am just bloated and feel like taking a picture now would be a waste. Glad to hear you are doing well, and are able to stick to it though. Keep up the good work! You can do it!
  • kenzie0884
    Options
    I sent you a friend request!

accepted! ;)
  • sav3175
    sav3175 Posts: 47
    Options
    Hey Im savannah you can add me if you want im 27 and a mom of three ive lost 90lbs so far currently im in a clean eating challenge and im doing focus t25 but could always use more support :)
  • kenzie0884
    Options
    Hey Im savannah you can add me if you want im 27 and a mom of three ive lost 90lbs so far currently im in a clean eating challenge and im doing focus t25 but could always use more support :)

Wow that is awesome! Great job! I'll send you a request. :)
  • Hollyhobby22
    Hollyhobby22 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me i am 23 and have lost 36 of the 55lb i wanted to drop