Looking for a 1 on 1 accountability partner.

Options
I am of the mindset that it is important to have an accountability partner that is like minded. I am going to take this opportunity to tell a bit about myself and what I think would help me and then hopefully someone else will read this and feel it would be a good match for them. I want to be able to support, help and lift up someone else as much as they would be doing the same for me. It is the best when it is a two way street.

I am 48 years old and looking to lose at least 150 pounds. I have Grave's disease so I have to fight the thyroid battle. I am not one to cheat on a diet and then look to constantly re-start and be made to feel ok about it. That does not work for me and is not something I could support in someone else. I am not talking about the occasional slip up, as we are all human, I am talking about people where this is their regular MO whether they choose to admit it or not.

I am looking for someone who is an active food logger & poster and is willing to do some messaging or e-mailing on a regular basis. I am just beginning to walk and have a ways to go before I can get into the hard core exercising but I am looking forward to being able to.

I am fortunate that I do not have any medical limitations or restrictions despite my age and weight. I am also fortunate that I am blessed with a good job and the means to be able to obtain what I need as I move through this journey.

I realize there are lots of groups on the boards but most of the time they either get too large or they just peter out and I am looking for more of a connection and actual one on one accountability. I have no preference of male or female and will just hope that these words I share will reach the right person.

To all that have taken the time to read this thank you, and I hope something has made your heart truly smile recently!

Elizabeth

Replies

• mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Good Luck on your journey!

I wish I had the time to be this person for you, but I am honest when I say that I get so busy with remodels and work............that I may not be on everyday. I wish you luck with your search.
  • rezn8
    rezn8 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I started at 48 myself. I have committed myself to being in the best shape of my life by 50. Through daily workouts and logging everything I eat I have pretty much hit that early. Still have 7 months to go but I have lost up to 48lbs and have settled in at about 42lbs lost do to weight training now. I run a 5k in the morning 2-3 times a week now and probably going to get into one with others by this fall. I just hit 340 days straight with my logging on MFP. My goal was to hit 1 year which is only 25 days away. I do work with a FB group but my goal is to log everyday even if resting. I do post motivational stuff on FB and I really try to encourage but it has to be a commitment from within. I get discouraged with those who constantly post excuses or just disappear for a week or two before they come back and usually say, "sorry I haven't posted lately but,".

I really don't see myself losing much weight but am really now just trying to get rid of the rest of the belly and put a little bulk in the arms and shoulders.