Phentermine and topiramate

Options
I am on day 2 of taking this. 15Mg of Topriamate added since my 37.5mg of Phentermine stopped working. My question is, I feel nothing. Nothing!!. Do you think it is that my dose is too low, or it takes more than 2 days to start working? Could it be that the doctor ordered capsules to be sprinkled on food but Pharmacy says they don't have that kind so they gave me regular capsules an said they work the same way. Anyone doing the sprinkle ones? Does it take a while to start working?

Replies

• ostrichagain
    ostrichagain Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I don't think this is a good question to ask the internet. Your doctor is probably going to work your dosage up slowly. It usually doesn't matter unless he's prescribed extended release.

Please communicate with your doctor and let him answer your questions. It's really crucial you are both on the same page while you are taking meds like these.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Search phentermine on the message boards and you'll find lots of previous discussions here. But, yes, the important thing is to listen to your doctor.
  • lbowers220
    Options
    I've been on it 3 months and lost 25 lbs. It's great the first month. The 1st week I couldn't even look at food, but that quickly left in the 3rd to 4th week. Drink TONS of water. Half your body weight each day.
  • islandlass1
    Options
    It makes dieting easy and I have 60 lbs. total to shed. I started June 21 taking 15 mg. Phentermine in the morning and 25 mg. Topiramate before bedtime. I'm not hungry and it has made me pay close attention to only eating healthy foods and make protein shakes. I quit all white foods, potatoes, rice, bread and all desserts. I drink tons of water. So far I've lost 16 lbs. YAY! I'm committed. Hope the rest comes off as easily. We'll see. It's nice to find a support group here.