Mid section help

Options
Although I still have about 70 pounds to go until I reach my goal weight I just feel like I am never going to loose my belly fat. I am loosing everywhere but there actually. Does anyone have this problem or tips of what I could do to "target" my stomach? Or is it just a give it time thing and I will eventually loose it. My diary is public so feel free to look through it and suggest any changes. My calories I know are low I just can't make myself eat and I'm not hungry so I figure why force myself to eat

Replies

• rezn8
    rezn8 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    It didn't get there overnight and it takes longer to get rid of it but you can do it with a commitment to your diet and exercise. I see your diary entries for today puts you well below your target calories. If you continue well under for too long your metabolism will be slowed down and more fat will store. Be careful. You need to cut body fat and build lean muscle.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I started big in my belly area but since losing, it is dissapearing slightly......
  • ittyXbittyXbritty
    Options
    You can't target/spot-reduce. You can do stomach exercises, which will strengthen the muscles, but as far as strictly losing fat from your stomach, you can't. It's just got to be an overall, slow process.
  • SRB8710
    SRB8710 Posts: 90
    Options
    As you lose your weight you will lose it all over. Your bigger areas will take longer to lose from and will probably stay bigger for a little bit. But, keep taking pictures, keep measuring so you know you are doing it right and stay motivated! :flowerforyou:

Also, keep tracking. :heart:
  • BrittanyMegan88
    BrittanyMegan88 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    My stomach was the last to go too but doing abs & obliques strength training helps tons while your still losing fat!

I do Pilates & it shrunk my stomach up a bit since the muscles were more toned so my belly looked smaller than what it would have otherwise..
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    Despite the fact I have a good 7 more inches or more to melt there,
    I used to barely get a tape measure around my apple misdsec. In
    fact when I joined (in Nov) MFP I had a lot to lose it was daunting, even though
    I'd already lost a lot before then!! Just dedicate, log, return daily .. get
    enough support and no matter what no giving up. You can do it .. many
    have .. you will too. That middle will be different b4 you know it! ;)