Weight Training Help

Options
I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions, links, or video ideas to help me do some weight training at home. I have weights and bands just dont know what to do with them. I am good with the cardio :) love zumba and love the treadmill. I just get so lost with the weight training portion and I know that weight training helps loose the weight.

Thanks everyone :)

Replies

• Dammitviv
    Options
    Try MSN's fitness page, they have some helpful tips and pictures demonstrating the proper way to use weights for the specific move. I will try to remember some better sites and post them also. http://health.msn.com/fitness/
  • Prohaska
    Options
    You can try some push ups, lunges, dips and squats for starters. These exercises can be done in the comfort of your own home OR even in a hotel room. If your serious about this, then I suggest buying a book that has a variety of exercises in it. For example I use the book called "The Women's Health BIG Book of Exercises." It has hundreds of exercises with pictures and all.......Good Luck.
  • shurushuru
    Options
    youtube tonnes of videos
  • etarre
    etarre Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    If you're really just starting out and have never done weight training before, it might be helpful to go to a class a few times so that an instructor can help you with form. It's really hard to tell whether you're doing certain moves correctly yourself when you start out. If you don't belong to a gym, there might be one in your area that offers a free trial for a few days or drop in pay-per-class options.

If you do start with youtube videos, etc., try to use a mirror to check your form or maybe workout with a friend so you can check each other.