Fitness Buddies to Help Me Through This (Teen Girl)

Options
Hi everyone.

My name is Kristen and I'm 17 years old. I have recently taken on the goal of living better and taking care of my body (and hopefully shedding 25 lbs.)

My story goes like this. Four years ago, I was thirteen and started at a new school, among other changes in my life. I had very little friends and was bullied pretty mercilessly. My number one way to deal with the problem was food. I ate hundreds of calories that I didn't need, but of course they made me feel better emotionally. The problem was and is pretty severe, and even these days I fall off the wagon and eat considerably more than I need.

I'm currently 5'5" and 150 pounds, and this is just hitting the mark where my BMI is threatening to put me in the overweight class. I decided enough is enough and I need to start dealing with my comfort eating.

Over the years I experimented with a lot of detrimental ways to lose the weight including anorexic and bulimic behaviours, but I really want to shed the weight for good healthily and gain some self-respect and confi dence. I'm really tired of being the fat one in my family and made fun of, and tired of walking into stores and not feeling comfortable buying anything new because I don't look good in anything and I feel like I don't deserve to have nice things. My skin is also stretched to the point where I have angry red stretch marks on top of white ones, and now I'm getting more scarred up than ever.

What I really need is people like me who understand and would be willing to keep in touch to help support me through my journey. I am really afraid of falling back into bad habits or not being able to meet my goal.

Thank you! I hope to hear from you soon and good luck to all those who are struggling or feeling down. To those who are succeeding and loving every minute - congratulations! I hope someday I get there. :)

Replies

• kellyj022
    kellyj022 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've definitely been there! I'm 22 now and I wish I had tackled my emotional eating before it got the best of me... I'm 173 lbs now, and I weighed about 120 at my healthiest. Feel free to add me!
  • maddymartinec
    Options
    Hey! Feel free to add me!
  • CysterWigs
    CysterWigs Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You seem like a very articulate person and your post is very thoughtfully composed. Because of that I hate to mention this but someone will eventually, so why not me.

You're too young to use MFP. In the terms of service it states you have to be at least 18. This is actually for your own protection, as your body has WAY different needs than someone older who may not have to, say, worry about getting enough calories to feed a growing prefrontal cortex. That's just one example. Another is that a group geared more towards teens might be more sympathetic to the very particular needs that a teen might have when they first start to navigate their relationship with the "real world".

Check this page out, instead: http://www.sparkteens.com/

Good luck to you.
  • emilia12321
    Options
    im 17 as well, 5'8'', and 155 ibs-- trying to get down to 125. Add me and Id gladly be there and help you out! (:
  • jesusfreek14
    Options
    Hi! I am Felecia! I have the same goals! Feel free to add me!!
  • kikialus
    kikialus Posts: 16
    Options
    I understand your complications. I too am trying to reach my goals!
  • kayla_hughes94
    Options
    Hi, this is only my 3rd day on here but feel free to add me. Im 19 and aiming for a goal of at least another 25 lbs t lose but maybe more :)
  • theinternet11
    theinternet11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! Feel free to add me! :)