Alcohol

Options
I usually don't drink much at all. Maybe one night every 2 or 3 months. However I am going through a lot right now and have wanted a drink in the evening a little more often. I have heard this can effect my weight loss. Any thoughts? Thanks:)

Replies

• RAGGEDYANN1970
    RAGGEDYANN1970 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    i noticed that when i cut-out alcohol completely, i did lose significantly more. EVEN IF I COUNTED THE CALORIES IN MY WINE AS PART OF MY DAILY CALORIC INTAKE. but i think everyone is different.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I am sipping on foxtail ale right now. Last weekend I had two shots of rum.

It all fits into my calories, and I'm keeping it pretty restricted. Haven't noticed much of a weight loss problem that could be traced to the alcohol yet.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    If it fits your calories, I don't think you have anything to worry about.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    It cits my falories, ish fine fer me.
  • iris8pie
    iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    It does stall my weight loss for a few days...try smoking some weed!
  • BrittanyMegan88
    BrittanyMegan88 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I drink every weekend & just make sure I workout more on the days I plan on drinking & I've been losing 1 - 1 and a half pounds every week with no problems. :)
  • weisegirl1119
    weisegirl1119 Posts: 122 Member
    Options

lol I get the munchies if I smoke weed. That would be bad!:smile:
  • anro86
    anro86 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I just heard alcohol...and I wanted to say; yes, please. Margarita on the rocks. I promise I'll skip lunch :laugh:
  • iris8pie
    iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    oooh munchies....forgot about that.
    sigh....good luck girl xo
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    It cits my falories, ish fine fer me.
    Yesh
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    If it fits your calories as others have said BUT do not snack when drinking.. drink and nothing else..
  • ElizaJay143
    ElizaJay143 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    The stress of what you're going through is going to impact you more than the additional alcohol.
  • KathryneJY
    KathryneJY Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm a regular drinker. I love my wine and gin. I don't drink to get drunk, but I can put them away with the best of them. I do count the calories though and will cut back a glass of wine if it will impact my calorie goal. I haven't had a problem losing weight.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Is this before or after your juice fast, or in the juice fast?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

won't it make me hungry?
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I'm a regular drinker. I love my wine and gin. I don't drink to get drunk, but I can put them away with the best of them. I do count the calories though and will cut back a glass of wine if it will impact my calorie goal. I haven't had a problem losing weight.

I'm in the same boat: I drink, in moderation, more often than not. I count the calories, and I avoid snacking while I drink unless I'm actually hungry. I've lost 30 lbs. in 6 months. That said, I am cycling about 100 miles every week right now, which dramatically increases the number of calories I need. If I were sedentary, I'd cut out a lot of the alcohol in order to get more calories from nutrient-rich foods. Alcohol itself offers little more than calories.
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Just avoid the sugary mixers if you're going to drink.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I have a beer or two most nights, and right now I'm having a vodka and lemonade......I have not had a problem losing weight...I think it matters how well it fits into your goals, if it causes you to over eat, and if you keep up with your exercise and can stay hydrated as well.
  • Sagefemme76
    Sagefemme76 Posts: 45 Member
    Options

lol I get the munchies if I smoke weed. That would be bad!:smile:

Prepare yourself a big bowl of watermelon chunks and grapes, light up, then munch to your heart's content......you'll have never tasted fruit so damn good! :tongue:
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 or 3 drinks every day, and have throughout my weight loss. I just make sure that it fits into my calorie goals and that I hit my macros.