can I lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks

Options
So My boyfriend will be leaving for 2 weeks, and when he gets home I want to WOW him and drop 10 pounds.

I am only 5'1 so those pounds will make a huge difference in my looks.

Any excerise tips food ideas.... motivation??? Just any help really

Replies

• Sam111chris
    Options
    No help =(
  • hiemerapril
    hiemerapril Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am not sure about 2 weeks, not in a healthy way anyway. But I did lose about 10 pounds in a month by riding my bike about 5 miles everyday. Sometimes twice a day. I had a hard time sticking to working out everyday so I made a goal to work out 3 times a day, I ended up doing at least 1 time a day, so I was pretty happy! :)
  • hiemerapril
    hiemerapril Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Oh ya, and btw- please make sure you are eating enough calories if you decide to do that. I am sure your boyfriend likes you a lot better alive!
  • ejoh40509
    ejoh40509 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yes, low carb style.....all meats mainly and stay under 20 carbs a day for about 14 days, and yes it can be done.
  • dnsrmr
    dnsrmr Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's very possible for you to lose ten pounds in two weeks IF you stay away from bad carbohydrates. Take away the bun and ketchup from the cheeseburger and you have a low carb item. Replace the fries with a salad with grilled chicken (not breaded), and regular dressing and there is another low carb item. Have a diet drink instead of regular. Don't eat potatoes, beans, rice, bread, fries, tortillas, or low cal dressings or gravys or juices/fruits. Check out www.atkins.com and go by the INDUCTION phase for 2 weeks and you will lose. Also if you can, walk or exercise that would help. If you don't have time and you can do this, then do 25-50 jumping jacks in the morning, noon and then again at night. Drink water first thing in the morning and before bedtime, and before and after EVERY meal. Do not eat AFTER 6pm.
    If you feel you have to eat, get some sugar free jello and real whipped topping to put on it as a dessert.
    Use this site to track your carbs, and try to stay under 20 carbs per day. You'll lose quick. Very quick! Many others have followed this and done well.
    Let me know how you do if you follow this. Good luck.
  • dnsrmr
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • crissgr
    crissgr Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yes you can, it's very unhealthy though and not recommended by many.
  • Sam111chris
    Options
    if I do this for two weeks when i stop will all the weight come back?

well he will be leaving tue . so thats when I am going to start
  • crissgr
    crissgr Posts: 58 Member
    Options

Most likely, yes.
  • Sam111chris
    Options
    that's what I am scared of, I dont want him be like : you are looking good; then a week later back at square one
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

Most likely, yes.

I agree with this 100%
  • Sam111chris
    Options
    do you have any other suggestions that could help, even if I only lose 5 pounds I will be happy, but I want 10
  • dnsrmr
    Options
    Probably so but just watch what you eat. You can enjoy many foods on a low carb eating plan. You stay full, and don't have to count calories, just carbs. Again, good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • suzi67
    suzi67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are getting your base calories in, drink lots of water, at least 8 cups, keep sugars low, and walk as much as you can. Park at the far end of the lot when going shopping, don't look for the closest spot, go for a fast 30 minute walk at least 3 times a week, more time if you have it. Find some kind of toning exercises, I like Pilates, toning gives the appearance of loss. Anything drastic will only backfire on you, so try the healthy way. If he is anything like my husband, he would rather have a healthy you that feeling icky when he is there.
    Hope this helps.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,276 Member
    Options
    Why not lose 5 pounds and get more exercise that will make you look trim. Then you have a better chance of keeping it off. I was exercising more and not losing and my clothes were looser and people noticed. Take care.
  • sessaleigh
    Options
    He already cares about you at your current weight, right? So just be healthy and he will be happy.
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    do you have any other suggestions that could help, even if I only lose 5 pounds I will be happy, but I want 10

You won't get 10 lbs or even five, but if you really eat clean for two weeks, it will make a noticeable difference in the way you look--your stomach will look flatter, etc. I am absolutely not a fan of low carb--yes, you will lose weight immediately and look good, but you will also feel like crap (well, I did, anyway) and the second you eat a plum you will gain five pounds back, and who needs that? You know what to do: it's just slow and boring and will not get you losing 10 lbs. in two weeks. Eat fruits, veggies, good grains and lean meats, get some exercise every day, and get enough sleep. You will feel good and look pretty and be able to enjoy your reunion with your boyfriend, and that's the most important thing.
  • Lauris83
    Options
    I lost 10 in 2 weeks and believe me I ate lol but I started exercising and most of it was water weight so just try hard to stay within ur calories and exercise and you will look different no matter what the scale says.
  • KayKGee98
    Options
    I don't think you can loose that much in two weeks healthily but you can probably loose some weight. I'm not sure how much exactly it would be sorry:/

Good Luck!:)