Pre/Post Workout Nutrition

I have recently started strength training and am curious as to what everyone eats/drink pre and post workout?

Replies

• MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    I normally can't stomach a lot after working out. I normally end up eating a couple of servings of turkey. nomnomnom
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Pre- banana, little bit of milk or orange juice

Post- pretty much whatever
  • ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    When I first started working out, I had a 1/3 cup of oatmeal or a small apple (75-100 calories of mainly carbs) about 30-45 minutes before the workout. And at least 15g of protein within 30 minutes after my workout.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Pre half an English muffin with pb on it.
    Post banana and cottage cheese. Half a cup of cc packs a punch of protein.
  • monizjm
    monizjm Posts: 92 Member
    I'm eating a bar from melaleuca called Access. I just started with it this past Wednesday 3/20. Seems to be helpful. I don't hurt too much and I feel content throughout the workout and after. I've been told to eat high protein with very little carbs after working out. I don't feel too hungry after working out.
  • AMBlass
    AMBlass Posts: 161
    I usually either have a meal or nothing before working out, and then afterward, either a meal (if I didn't have it before) or an apple with almond butter.
  • Jessiebell527
    Jessiebell527 Posts: 110 Member
    Thanks all!!
  • heis4u2004
    heis4u2004 Posts: 176 Member
    The melaleuca access bars help me get through an hour of running and helps with keeping my blood sugar from dropping along with sipping on sustain sport during the run. It has helped some Olympic athletes win medals and it is helping me.
  • ahmadfahmy
    ahmadfahmy Posts: 214 Member
    I have recently started strength training and am curious as to what everyone eats/drink pre and post workout?

20% of total calories pre workout, the rest post workout