Jelly belly and it ain't going no where...ever

Options
2»

Replies

• DesireeAshley90
    DesireeAshley90 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Getting abs is 70% diet. Our bodies love to store fat in the midsection. Processed foods and carbs are your enemy. try not to eat anything from a box that has ingrediants that you can not go out into nature and find on your own. Get your carbs from whole wheat (not whole wheat flour) and fruits and Veg.

I've heard this as well and my trainer confirmed it. Didn't believe it myself until I met a few people with a 6 pack who never lifted a day in their lives but ate good/healthy.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Getting abs is 70% diet. Our bodies love to store fat in the midsection. Processed foods and carbs are your enemy. try not to eat anything from a box that has ingrediants that you can not go out into nature and find on your own. Get your carbs from whole wheat (not whole wheat flour) and fruits and Veg.

I've heard this as well and my trainer confirmed it. Didn't believe it myself until I met a few people with a 6 pack who never lifted a day in their lives but ate good/healthy.

Well, I mean, if your trainer and like 3 other people confirmed it, it must be true.
  • victoriasnow
    victoriasnow Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Try not to put yourself into the mindset that it will NEVER go away, because it can! I have seen MANY post csection moms get their belly back with heavy lifting & a caloric deficit. I, myself, am a mother of 2, my youngest via csection as of January 2012. I have lost almost 120 lbs & my baby "pooch" is almost gone. Never say never!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    CRUNCHES

Sorry, but no. You can't spot reduce fat.
  • moxiept
    moxiept Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I think some of what you have to do to get there may be genetic specific. I can eat clean and my stomach will go down, but it has never been "flat" and when I gain it's always in the stomach first. Through reading various threads, I realize that I have been "skinny fat" most of my life. So, for myself I think I would have to add the weight training component to get the "flat " stomach. Others with different body types could probably go with diet and cardio alone.
  • kts3639
    kts3639 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    CRUNCHES

Sorry, but no. You can't spot reduce fat.

QFT
  • echelonokie
    Options
    I've read all the comments here and I hope someone can give me some advice. I have a LOT of weight to lose. My problem is that I didn't just have a Csection, the idiot doc cut me from belly button down. Years later, I had a hernia that started at the belly button and it "ripped", following the scar line downward. I know there are some workouts that will make things look "worse" than they are. Any advice on helping the muscles "corset" themselves tighter would be helpful. I know crunches and such aren't good when you've had a hernia repair.
  • darharmar
    darharmar Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ok, so then I have one question. Would Jillian Michaels ripped in thirty be considered "lifting" Or proper weight training? There is strength incorporated as well as HIIT (which I enjoy for endurance). I am going to try this instead of running 3 times a week and see how it goes at 4-5 times a week. I hope to be ripped but feminine as well. Thanks for the tips. If I ever can invest in a bar bell I may do that. But will make do with what I have right now. I probably hav focused more than necessary on cardio for a while because of my calories...I LOVE to eat:)
  • AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,615 Member
    Options
    Ok, so then I have one question. Would Jillian Michaels ripped in thirty be considered "lifting" Or proper weight training? There is strength incorporated as well as HIIT (which I enjoy for endurance). I am going to try this instead of running 3 times a week and see how it goes at 4-5 times a week. I hope to be ripped but feminine as well. Thanks for the tips. If I ever can invest in a bar bell I may do that. But will make do with what I have right now. I probably hav focused more than necessary on cardio for a while because of my calories...I LOVE to eat:)
    It would not be considered "lifting heavy" but it is definitely strength training. And when it gets easy, increase the hand weights. I do 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30, but try to use 7-8lb dumbbells when possible. I also like Denise Austin's body boot camp dvd. Again, it uses light weights, but increase whenever possible.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options

Not really lifting as people talk about here. But you can get more out of it by using heavier weights. I like her DVDs, I have done the 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30. I started with 3lb weights, then did it again with 8lb. Obviously the heavier you can go, the better results you'll see. Honestly, she has so many cardio moves and stuff incorporated with the strength portions, that it is hard to hold and maneuver with the weights, especially since you only do each move for 30-45 seconds.

The first time I did the 30DS, I lost 10 inches off my waist and hips with the 3lb weights. After that, it slowed down, because I had less to lose. I am doing Chalean Extreme right now. It is move focused on the weights. She wants you to use a heavy enough weight that you reach failure by 10 reps. I am starting my 3rd week, so no progress to report yet.
  • darharmar
    darharmar Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for their insight. I've just added as heavy as I can to the DVD I'm currently doing, and have only done it 3 times, but can already tell a physical difference. Now if I only knew this 10 years ago! Gonna tell everyone I know:) I've lost 4 pounds in 2.5ish weeks, and I NEVER lost weight like that ever before (not counting after baby and breast feeding). So once the weight loss is done gonna have to buy new boobs;) kidding...?
  • XLombardX
    XLombardX Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've read all the comments here and I hope someone can give me some advice. I have a LOT of weight to lose. My problem is that I didn't just have a Csection, the idiot doc cut me from belly button down. Years later, I had a hernia that started at the belly button and it "ripped", following the scar line downward. I know there are some workouts that will make things look "worse" than they are. Any advice on helping the muscles "corset" themselves tighter would be helpful. I know crunches and such aren't good when you've had a hernia repair.

That sounds like an issue that a personal trainer would be best placed to help you with, as the wrong exercises could be downright dangerous for you. Your doctor sounds like a butcher, you poor thing! Best of luck on your weight loss journey :)