Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    A spoon... :ohwell:

But normally soft pita bread or pita chips. Also Carrots or Red Peppers
  • phyllisgehrke
    phyllisgehrke Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I looked at the Internet.
    Hummus comes from India and is made with chick Peas, they stated that some people say with garbanzo Beans.
    Both is Correct

1 TBSP is 25 calories and no Sugar.
    Think I may try it as Walmart has Hummus with different flavors.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I looked at the Internet.
    Hummus comes from India and is made with chick Peas, they stated that some people say with garbanzo Beans.
    Both is Correct

1 TBSP is 25 calories and no Sugar.
    Think I may try it as Walmart has Hummus with different flavors.

Garbanzo beans and Chickpeas are just two different names for the same thing. Some people call the Chi-chi beans, too. Most grocery stores have many flavors. Tribe brand and Sabra brand both had 4 or 5 flavors. Hummus is a Middle Eastern dish, not just India.
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I mix it in with canned tuna, 2 tbs does the trick. Add tomato and whole wheat and it makes a fabulous tuna sammich.
  • KathryneJY
    KathryneJY Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I mix it in with canned tuna, 2 tbs does the trick. Add tomato and whole wheat and it makes a fabulous tuna sammich.

THAT sounds fabulous!
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I always have it with baby carrots or pita bread, great quick/small/easy snack :)
  • semisweetsmile
    semisweetsmile Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    carrots, cucumbers .. I used to do Triscuits (so good!) but I'm horrible with portion control .. I finished an entire box once. Bad.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Lots of great ideas. That said, if celery with salsa ruined celery for you, you might be able to eat it again if you take a stalk of celery and fill the hollow bit with some softened gorgonzola cheese. It's heavenly.

Of course, I eat celery with salsa often, when I want salsa but don't want the calories and salt of tortilla chips. So I don't really understand the objection in the first place.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Carrots
    sugar snap peas
    red/orange/yellow bell peppers
    cherry tomatoes
    crackers
    pita
    pretzels

I also put it on burgers and sandwiches instead of mayo and other condiments - it's delicious!
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Pumperknickle bread
  • BluePHX
    BluePHX Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Sweet pepper slices, I put it in cold rice, I put it on veggie burgers, I eat it with a SPOON!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i use flat out bread. 90 cals, and its pretty big! i cut it into triangles, put directly on a baking sheet, and bake until golden brown. no oil, no butter, just bake as is. i spread roasted pine nut hummus and then top with some mango salsa... og... so freekin good!!!
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    cucumbers, peppers, mini pretzels, Triscuit Minis... Pita chips when I don't care about calories ;)

spread it on whole grain bread and top with veggies - cukes, peppers, tomato, lettuce etc - for sammiches

if you like spicy, diced jalepenos in the hummus makes an even more awesome dip!
  • toothpastechica
    toothpastechica Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    my favorite right now is broccoli or cauliflower with Masala Hummus...soooo good.
  • danivee33
    danivee33 Posts: 33
    Options
    Vegetables or Triscuit crackers.
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    i use flat out bread. 90 cals, and its pretty big! i cut it into triangles, put directly on a baking sheet, and bake until golden brown. no oil, no butter, just bake as is. i spread roasted pine nut hummus and then top with some mango salsa... og... so freekin good!!!

that sounds amazing!!!
  • mflinn84
    mflinn84 Posts: 35
    Options
    Traditionally people eat hummus with pita bread or pita chips. I LOVE WHEAT THINS! They're just a little bit sweet so they're pretty satisfying. Also people do baby carrots, crackers, or those little bagel crisp things. Pretzels might be okay too.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    My snack almost very day, carrots and a mini cucumber with roasted red pepper hummys, yummmmm
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    I just got my husband on the hummus band wagon..

We eat it with-

Grape Tomatoes
    Cucumber Slices
    Broccoli
    Akmak whole grain crackers
    Almonds
    Pita Bread brushed with olive oil and baked in the oven
    Pita chips (the ones made with olive oiil)
    A wide variety of veggies grilled in coconut oil and then i dip them in hummus yummy!!

I pretty much eat hummus on anything, I love making shrimp and veggie skewers and dipping it in that alos yum yum
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    Sweet pepper slices, I put it in cold rice, I put it on veggie burgers, I eat it with a SPOON!

YUM! I love eating it with a spoon! And on Quinoa yum yum yum hummus mmmm