My Success Story (-55 lbs and 23 in)

Options
I graduated high school weighing 103 lbs and was a size 1. Never watched what I ate. In fact, I had the WORST diet ever. Consisted of candy and carbs most of time. Never cared about exercise. I had played sports my entire life (soccer, volleyball and swim), so I had no reason to be concerned. My metabolism was amazing. I had a rockin' body!

Then I got married. And shortly after I got pregnant with my first child. I had a LOT of problems with my pregnancy and was put on bed rest for majority of those 9 months. During this time, my eating habits stayed the same. After giving birth, my metabolism changed drastically. And wouldn't you know, my eating habits stayed the same. My first baby came with an extra 25 pounds.

A year and half later I was pregnant with my 2nd. The same problems with pregnancy were evident. And still, my lifestyle was incredibly unhealthy. I ate horribly. Never exercised. I was gaining weight slowly but surely. Once again, I gave birth and with my son, came another 25 pounds.

A few years after my son was born I FINALLY started caring. I tried EVERYTHING. Only, I wasn't REALLY trying. I told myself, I was trying. I lied to myself. I would jump on whatever bandwagon was hip and new and give it a go for a week and then fall off. Then, of course be surprised that I had no changes. I was a few fries and milkshakes away from diabetes. And I was a few bags of chips and snickers bars past depression.

Then I got pregnant again. Our 3rd and last baby. After I gave birth to her, once again, she came with an extra 25 pounds. I
It was then that I decided it was MY TIME!!

I ate LESS.
I ate CLEANER.
I moved MORE.
I was REALISTIC.
I was HONEST (with myself)
I did NOT GIVE UP!
I did NOT COMPARE!!

Highest Weight: 196
Biggest Size: 17
Current Weight: 142
Current Size: 9
Goal Weight: 125

5c9dbf02-ccbe-4082-9f5e-eafa8ec04cba_zpsdf2738aa.jpg
November 2010 (at my biggest)

da09c32f-285c-49c9-9786-0d6d3a8546a9_zps498196e9.jpg

f27515d4-110a-45f0-bf2e-7389440ce988_zpsbaa9f47a.jpg

2013-07-12_14-35-41_533_zps2fadcb62.jpg
Measurements (Lost almost 2 FEET of fat off of my body!)

2013-07-09_11-24-33_216_zpse96ba0e4.jpg
This picture was taken just a few days ago. Wearing Size 9 Jeans!

I am not done yet! But I have come a LONG way. I feel so much better about myself.

SIDE NOTE... Since losing weight:
Migraines- gone (mostly)
Acid reflux- gone
Husband- HAPPY!!!

Replies

• teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Great job, and what an inspiration!!!!
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look great!!
  • Brandon2117
    Options
    Wow! I bet the hubby is indeed very happy :-) Congrats!
  • sandybeach11
    sandybeach11 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look great! :smile:
  • buffyfan22
    buffyfan22 Posts: 54
    Options
    Great job! You look great!!
  • Bnewman410
    Bnewman410 Posts: 44
    Options
    You are awesome! What a great success story!
  • kats1957
    kats1957 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration!!! Great job!
  • vanessairene
    vanessairene Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You're amazing. I'm lucky enough to know you in real life! Good job, girl!
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!
  • meaghan2008
    meaghan2008 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    wow you look great !
  • Aileen02035
    Options
    Good job, I am so happy for you and the success you are now experiencing. Taking the time to do it right has surely become a habit and one you won't ever want to break. Congratulations!
  • margebouvierx2
    Options
    Congrats!!! inspirational
    I especially like the hubby happy part.
    I haven't given my poor hubby much thought regarding my huge weight gain recently, while he has remained totally fit all these years (been together since i was a very slim 16 year old, n ow a very FAT 45 yr old) I know in the future my hubby will be happy too.
    Again well done
  • dmspenc
    dmspenc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You look great! Thank You for sharing.
  • Ingrid_Ro
    Ingrid_Ro Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Great job your an inspiration :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!