Anybody try the new Twinkies?

Options
I went to Walmart after work and saw the new Twinkies so I bought a box. When they were going out of business, I had tried to find one just to see what they tasted like. I couldn't remember if I had ever tried a Twinkie. Anyway, this evening, I enjoyed my .5 serving (one cake) of the new version. Are they comparable to the old Twinkie? As for the empty calories, at least I got a little boost before I went on my walk. lol.

Replies

• kablooeee2u
    Options
    I can't believe not one person has tried the new Twinkie. Just for clarification, I am not planning on eating the entire contents of the box. I just wanted to try one. lol.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    I've actually never tried a twinkie..........now if you said profiterole I would have been an easy mark.
  • _xXJennXx_
    _xXJennXx_ Posts: 3,290 Member
    Options
    I bought a box today, the kids and hubby had 1. I chose not to, since I was eating a nutty buddy!
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    i have to run by walmart tomorrow to see if they're available.....just my luck they aren't.

just like the chicken and waffle lay's marketing fiasco.
  • skparker2
    skparker2 Posts: 132
    Options
    I just bought a box from Wal Mart about an hour ago. They seem a hell of a lot smaller than what I remembered, but I was a kid the last time I had one, lol.

THEY ARE DELICIOUS! I thought I'd hate 'em but they are glorious. Two of them are 270 calories but the nostalgic factor was awesome.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Is it sad that I got excited when I saw Twinkies were makin a comeback? :ohwell:

No, havent tried them but I plan on to...soon. like sometime this week soon
  • brittryan1017
    Options
    I have to say I didn't really like the original Twinkies very much. I would much rather have a Little Debbie Swiss Cake Roll, or Banana Twins. My husband has (jokingly) threatened divorce over that statement lol. But I will definitely have to give the new ones a try.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    You know, I would imagine they are smaller, as a package of two used to be higher calorie than that. My grandmunchkins love twinkies and will be very happy they are back.

One cake used to be 150 calories when Hostess made them. Love gooogle!!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • ubattitude
    ubattitude Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The only time I ever had twinkies before was a once a year craving that reminded me of why I don't eat twinkies. Now, if I see Ho-Ho's I'll jump all over that to remind myself why I walk quickly past the Hostess display.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I didn't like the "old" Twinkies at all. Everyone would stuff them down when I struggled to eat one.

I don't know that I'll try the new, I've lived perfectly fine without them.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    They kinda taste crappier then what I remembered. I feel I need to buy a couple brands and have a sponge cake showdown.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Not yet. I want to now. :tongue:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I've eaten 1 Twinkie in my life. Perhaps it's time for a second. For science.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Twinkies are really overrated. Spend the calories on a real pastry.
  • FitnessBeverlyHills
    Options
    I went to Walmart after work and saw the new Twinkies so I bought a box. When they were going out of business, I had tried to find one just to see what they tasted like. I couldn't remember if I had ever tried a Twinkie. Anyway, this evening, I enjoyed my .5 serving (one cake) of the new version. Are they comparable to the old Twinkie? As for the empty calories, at least I got a little boost before I went on my walk. lol.

No, but I still have a box of the old twinkies saved just encase the zombie apocalypse hit. And I don't even like them, I liked those chocolate ones though.

I did however do a "Twinkie Montage" just encase they were gone forever!

8kmb.jpg
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Twinkies are really overrated. Spend the calories on a real pastry.

QFT

Now where's my cake :flowerforyou:
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    Just bought a box. Only ever had 4 in my entire life...one of which being just now. They're meh. If you've had a twinkie once, it hasn't changed.

They're good, but such a waste of calories lol.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    No. I did not even like the original Twinkies.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I've eaten 1 Twinkie in my life. Perhaps it's time for a second. For science.
    This. I tried them because I heard they were going to stop making them and I wanted to know what the 'preserved' twinkie tasted like on family matters lol...

Meh, wasn't a huge fan.