need to lose 27 pounds

Options
I need some motivation and also I would like to know how, if anybody here lost around 30 pounds or more, you did it? What plan did you use? exercise and diet? thanks and I'm amazed by all of the inspiration I have gotten here so far. You guys are wonderful. When we motivate someone we're actually changing the lives of those people as we know it believe it or not.

Replies

• CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    hehe, i need to lose 27# too. want to do it together? :)

i've already lost (prior to coming here) about 50# and did it via low carb/low cal dieting. i'd advise against this, as my rapid weight loss combined with low carb eating over an extended period of time is what my doctor said gave me the gallstones that lead to the removal of my gallbladder last month.

Diet and exercise, girl. Proper balance of lean protein, healthy fats, and clean carbs combined with exercise is all you need :D
  • french13
    french13 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation. I have lost 8 pounds in 3 weeks prior to coming here and I try to stay at 1200 calories or at least 1250. sometimes it varies between those two because it's hard to calculate EXACTLY 1200 calories and I don't want to go under. I've also been power walking at a brisk pace 30 minutes a day/6 days a week. Recently I added wrist weights (3 lbs each arm) to my exercise. Hopefully that will help. But thanks for your reply.
  • CeleryStalker
    Options
    You're welcome :) LOL I just checked out your profile. Sheesh, I wish I was 'fat' like you ;) LOL Teeny little thing!

I'm headed to a Hot Yoga class this weekend, and I found this other place a girl I work with goes to that on one side of the house they do yoga, on the other side, they do MMA training (mixed martial arts). My fiance was big into wrestling waaaay back in the day in highschool, and is a big MMA fan. I showed him the website thinking he'd be like, pfft whatever, but he was really interested in it, so YAY! I'm going to sign us both up for their 10 days for 10 bucks intro to see how we like it, and then take it from there. I'm so excited to get started. My co-worker absolutely LOVES her hot yoga class, and you burn a buttload of calories in there. :D
  • french13
    Options
    That's wonderful. Yeah I heard yoga is very good for you. Anna Farris did yoga to get as skinny as she was on the movie "The House Bunny" and I've heard plenty of other good reviews on yoga. SO it's a good thing you're doing that. I have no money atm to sign up for any classes because I live in a very expensive city as of right now. You said you thought I was tiny? lol, I wish. You look very thin yourself in your picture. My pictures were taken to disguise my weight since I was ashamed of it so much, and the one when I'm in the blue shirt was when I was like 17 years old. That's my goal weight again. But I plumped up since then and I never take too many body shots. I'm usually pretty ashamed of how I look. Good luck on your yoga and let me know how it goes. I might get involved in yoga when I have more money.
  • CeleryStalker
    Options
    LOL serious girl, you're teeny :) The last time I had a tummy like the one you posted in your album I think I was about 10 years old, lol. I've been a tubby for so long that I'd probably have to get a tummy tuck if I wanted a normal looking stomach at goal weight. Isn't that something to be proud of? LOL You'd die if you saw my before pic. OMG. LMAO Maybe I should upload it, hahaha!
  • CeleryStalker
    Options
    oh ya, and this class, its not just yoga, its HOT yoga. they crank it up to 105 degrees in there!! you get all hot and sweaty and limber and oh my god can you imagine how awesome the stretches must feel when you're in that type of setting? ahhhhh....... i cant wait!
  • french13
    Options
    you should post it. It would be wonderful to see how you were then and now and how much you've lost. I took a daring step and actually posted my bigger pictures which I would never post on any other website. But I thought "hey, what's there to worry about? it's not like everyone here is going to look at me and think eww, I'm on a weight loss site for pete sake". lol. Yeah though, the yoga sounds exciting, I got all pumped up just thinking about it. Maybe I should go and lift some 10 pound weights in a few minutes for about 10 minutes and do a few push ups. Everything helps I guess even if it's a little.
  • CeleryStalker
    Options
    meh, to heck with it. it's not like i havent plastered this all over every other weight loss board i've been on.

lets see if i can figure which code this forum likes for attaching images to posts.....

ok dangit, what do we use to plop a pic within a post? lol
  • french13
    Options
    haha awesome. This is the only site I've shown my body shots on.
  • french13
    Options
    I would use tinypic.com. That's what I usually use.
  • CeleryStalker
    Options
    lets see if this works...
    grrrr......

lol see what six weeks in and out of the hospital does to someones brain? im a PROGRAMMER. lol i make websites. i cant for the life of me figure how to post pics in threads here.
  • CeleryStalker
    Options
    :explode:

maybe the [ img] tag is case sensitive here?

238vs195-1.jpg
  • maddentm
    Options
    ouch!! That sounds painful. Hope all is well, and keep on losing! The weight that is :)

Toni
  • french13
    Options
    lol. hold on let me see. you go to tinypic.com upload your pic. then type in the caching that it asks to verify you and then you copy from where it says IMG code for forums and message boards and then paste it here
  • CeleryStalker
    Options
    yep, that was it. i was using capital letters for my [IMG][/IMG] tag and the forum didnt like it. i was like what the heck?

anyways, ya, awesome. theres me in all my 238# of glory. sexy eh? thats what binge eating as a way to cope with your dad's death will do to a person. the pic on the right is me recently, before having surgery. it's not my lowest. i was 195# in that pic. Im 191 now. My lowest a few years ago was 182. 27# to go and I'll be at 165. WOOOOOOOT!!
  • maddentm
    Options
    As i was replying to your first post your before and after photos popped up. OMG! you look fantastic! Keep doin yo thang girl!!!

Toni
  • french13
    Options
    wow.....you have lost alot of weight. way to go. I bet you're proud of yourself. wow.
  • CeleryStalker
    Options
    LOL thanks Toni :heart:
  • CeleryStalker
    Options
    the hard thing about weight loss is that despite how far you've come, you can never really be proud til you get to that goal weight....i've been chomping at that bit since i was 20 years old. i'll be 35 this halloween. i think its time to finish this. then, i can finally say i did it, and im proud. :)

you guys are sweet tho, so thanks :D
  • french13
    Options
    I'm at 147 right now and it's been a bit of a journey just to get to 147. Okay so let's both lose our 27 pounds soon so we can feel even better about ourselves. I'm up for it. And then after I get to 120 I'm going to go down to 110 and then that will be my stopping point. I'm not trying to get all anorexic and so forth but I at least wanna look like jessica burciaga http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&source=imghp&biw=1280&bih=822&q=jessica+burciaga&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=