Need tips for those last few pounds

Options
What did you do to lose those last 5-10 pounds? I'm looking for ideas, recipes, tips, whatever to make those last few pounds slide off. I've got just under 7 left to go and I would like to be rid of them soon!

Replies

• mandieraye
    Options
    I am no where close to that goal yet but have you tried a zumba class. Burns 800 to 1000 calories in an hour class and its fun. My favorite meal is grilled chicken with swiss cheese and steamed veggies. Its filling but still light. Hope that helps a little.
  • Emdiee2014
    Options
    Hi RaeNicoll,

I'd be careful to assume that a Zumba class burns 800 - 1000 calories. The calories that each person burns is going to vary depending on the person's height, weight, fitness level, etc - not to mention, how hard you actually try in the class.

Foodwise - why don't you drink a glass of skim milk everyday as a snack. New research has shown that women drinking at least 250mL of skim milk a day lost more weight than those who didn't. Hmmm... something else, maybe just make up some munchie bags of vegetables to help on those days when you are craving something more. I like to put in raw cauliflower, carrots, snow peas and capsicum. If I really want to spice it up, I put some fat free salad dressing on it. It helps to keep me under the calorie intake - and on the way to losing weight!
  • ejoh40509
    ejoh40509 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Don't rush it...continue to do what you have been doing. The faster you lose it the faster you tend to put it back on. It will come :smile:
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I changed up my exercise routine. Instead of 30 minutes on the elliptical, I did 20 mins elliptical, 20 mins running on the treadmill. I took some spinning and Zumba classes. I did interval cardio one day, and steady cardio the next. My point is that sometimes your body gets use to the same routine and you need to keep it guessing. Keep up the healthy diet, and continue to exercise. It will happen.
  • biodeb
    Options
    Try cutting out something you eat/drink - just one thing a day; or add one type of exercise each day (e.g. a 5 to 10 minute walk). It's the little things that add up over time. Those last few pounds are soooo difficult. I've been fluctuating from 135 to 143 over the past month!! I'd like to keep my weight around 135 consistenly. Now that I'm down to the last few pounds - I can see how my food/exercise decisions affect my weight each day. For example, if I eat salty foods - I'm up 3 to 5 pounds in one day. Amazing...

Hang in there and make one little change. :smile:
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions everyone! Sounds like I need to switch things up a little at the gym, I think I'll try a class or two (they don't have zumba where I workout yet, but I'll look for some similar programs). Some small changes in the kitchen will help too, and I'll have to try some milk (I've been avoiding most liquid calories until now, so it's a nice change of pace).