What do you people eat with hummus!?

Options

Replies

• lorettasnewbeginning
    Options
    Any veggie that is the right size or can be sliced into the right size: Carrots, cucumbers, yellow squash, zzuchini, etc.
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    I use it for a dip when I make flat bread pizza also :-)
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    crackers
  • paine016
    paine016 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    cauliflower
  • _G4BR13L_
    _G4BR13L_ Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    It is really good with raw vegigies and damn near everything else! :)
  • PandaCustard
    PandaCustard Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I like having it on "sandwiches." My sandwiches usually being romaine heart leaves in place of bread, with some turkey, swiss, cucumbers, and green peppers. Delicious! It's good on a lot of sandwiches in place of something like mayo.
  • Territravel
    Territravel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Taste good on pretzel sticks.
  • shawnatheobald
    Options
    Triscuits, carrots, peppers, and cucumbers mostly!

I also use it in place of butter on toast for egg sandwiches. It's an amazing alternative to many condiments.

I have even rolled chicken breast in it and baked it! So good.

You can also make a "pizza" with pita bread, use the hummus as your sauce, and top with roasted veggies. YUM!
  • keepyoureyesonthegoal
    Options
    I eat any type of veg with hummus!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Um...what do you mean by "you people"? :huh:
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Had hummus recently and used it two ways. One as a tartine on olive bread with hummus, avocado, and piquillo pepper (jarred). Other was sandwich on whole wheat bread with hummus, arugula, avocado, cucumber and heirloom tomato. Both were good. Also good on crackers with avocado and/or piquillo peppers. Oh yea, also with quinoa and vegies.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Btw, does anyone know how long homemade hummus stays fresh? I think I made it last Sunday.
  • AislinnKitten
    AislinnKitten Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Try slicing up red, green or yellow bell peppers into strips, I personally prefer green bell pepper with my humus. Carrots are good, but not my favorite. Veggie stixs and crisps depending on the brand can be pretty low cal for a good amount and taste awesome, I used to love crisps but I find veggie crisps to be sooo much better and are absolutely amazing with humus! Broccoli florets are another one of my favorites you should try! I've seen people eat humus with cherry tomatoes but I never have because I think cherry tomatoes are gross but hey if you don't then maybe it'll be worth your while to give it a go. I'm not sure what the brand was so this may not be quite as helpful as it could be but natural whole grain crackers may not allow you to eat as many crackers as lets say the veggie crisps or the veggies themselves but they taste great with humus and will fill you up quickly so although the serving is smaller, you'll feel full quicker so it won't matter.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Um...what do you mean by "you people"? :huh:

Right?

OP:

wonder_woman.gif

I like hummus on all the things. Or a spoon, whatever.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Mix with rice and tomatoes and wrap in leafy things :)
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Mini whole wheat bagels, vegetables.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I like hummus with any sort of red meat or chicken.
  • CloudyMao
    CloudyMao Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    cucumber slices, carrot sticks, celery. Warm it up and drizzle it over some salad leaves. ...... mmmmm..... hungry now.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Pita, carrots, celery, bell peppers, cucumber, feta, as a spread on sandwiches.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    yummy,