Insanity June 10th Crew

Options
Hey...I know a bunch of us started Insanity on June 10th. If you did, please shout out. It's fun to chat with people on the exact same day as you sometimes. If you started June 10th, you should be in the recovery week now.

June 3rd and June 17th people feel free to share your thoughts!

I like the results I'm seeing but I've gained 2 lbs on the scale instead of losing any. I see some nice new muscle definition though...I'm hoping month 2 will attack the scale.

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 1 of month 2, so I'm only a little ahead. I'm also up about 2 lbs, but I'm down about 2.5" on my waist alone, so I could care less. My body fat percentage has dropped 3%, so the extra weight is a combination of muscle and retained fluids. Don't sweat the scale. As long as the inches are dropping off, you're getting good results.
  • blt0087
    blt0087 Posts: 115
    Options
    My mom just sent me her Insanity dvds a few days ago, I should get them in the mail any day now. Ill be a little behind you, but I'm eager to start!
  • cyndiwilliams1198
    cyndiwilliams1198 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I started insanity on June 10th and have had good results so far. I lost 9 pounds and 14 inches. When I started I weighed 184 pounds and I'm now 175. (I'm 5'4") I lost 3 inches from my waist and hips. I'm on the "recovery" week and I'm excited/nervous about month 2. It's an amazing program if you just keep pushing play.
  • sharpdagger
    sharpdagger Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 1 of month 2, so I'm only a little ahead. I'm also up about 2 lbs, but I'm down about 2.5" on my waist alone, so I could care less. My body fat percentage has dropped 3%, so the extra weight is a combination of muscle and retained fluids. Don't sweat the scale. As long as the inches are dropping off, you're getting good results.

Ha...that's what I keep telling myself. LOL So you are part of the "inches" crew too. Yeah...I'm liking the results. I may need to just drop the scale off at a family member's until we are done. LOL

So cool. You are our seniors! How are you liking week 1 of the 2nd month. I'm excited and nervous at the same time!
  • sharpdagger
    Options
    That's great. You'll enjoy it! Be prepared to sweat!
  • sharpdagger
    Options
    I started insanity on June 10th and have had good results so far. I lost 9 pounds and 14 inches. When I started I weighed 184 pounds and I'm now 175. (I'm 5'4") I lost 3 inches from my waist and hips. I'm on the "recovery" week and I'm excited/nervous about month 2. It's an amazing program if you just keep pushing play.

Awesome! We are part of the same class. I'm seeing a difference. I like what I see...the scale is just not playing nice. Either way, month 2 should be a blast!
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options

Ha...that's what I keep telling myself. LOL So you are part of the "inches" crew too. Yeah...I'm liking the results. I may need to just drop the scale off at a family member's until we are done. LOL

So cool. You are our seniors! How are you liking week 1 of the 2nd month. I'm excited and nervous at the same time!

This week has felt like the first week of month 1. I'm dripping, sore and unable to keep up with the pros again (I was getting close towards the end of Month 1), but it's definitely a good workout. If you make it through Month 1, you can make it through Month 2. Plyo is still the bane of my existence though (I'm looking at you, Power Pushups).
  • WatchMeLOSEx
    Options
    Just finished the first week of month one. Anyone around there?
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I'm at the end of week 2 tomorrow. I love Insanity! I cant wait to see results. Trying not to measure until Monday!
  • sharpdagger
    Options

This week has felt like the first week of month 1. I'm dripping, sore and unable to keep up with the pros again (I was getting close towards the end of Month 1), but it's definitely a good workout. If you make it through Month 1, you can make it through Month 2. Plyo is still the bane of my existence though (I'm looking at you, Power Pushups).

Today was day 2 of month 2. ...Plyo. I enjoyed it. It was tough but I can see I'm going to get a good upper body work out. This is a lot of work but fun!
  • sharpdagger
    Options
    I'm at the end of week 2 tomorrow. I love Insanity! I cant wait to see results. Trying not to measure until Monday!

Yeah it's fun. I just need to toss the scale away until the end.