100% clean banana mug CAKE!

Options
ajball90
ajball90 Posts: 211 Member
So I hardly ever post on the forums, but I always read them. BUT when I tried this recipe I had to share it, cause its too amazing to keep to myself.

Mix 1 mashed banana, 1 egg and 1 spoonful of chia seeds in a mug. Heat in the microwave until its firm (i did it for 2 minutes 30 seconds, but just see what works for you). Turn mug upside down and put it on a plate (or just eat out of the mug)
And your done!

I also added fresh strawberries and kiwi fruit, but my friend eats it with strawberry greek yoghurt. Seriously try it. Its amazing.

bananamugcake.png

I got this recipe from my friends instagram page, thehealthyrevolution so follow her if you want to see any other delicious recipes like this one!

Replies

• unoriginalusername007
    unoriginalusername007 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I'll definitely have to try that sometime soon =D
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Maybe that is good, but it is definitely NOT a cake.
  • ajball90
    Options
    Maybe that is good, but it is definitely NOT a cake.

I know its not a real cake, but when I made it I was completely shocked at how much the texture and taste is just like a cake. I was expecting it to taste like scrambled eggs mixed with banana or something strange - but I was shocked at how cake-like it actually turned out to be.
  • SherryTeach
    Options
    That's very interesting. Banana-flavored scrambled eggs was my first thought exactly.
  • SherryTeach
    Options
    I'm estimating this at 225 calories: 105 for the banana, 70 for the egg, 50 for the chia seeds.
  • MicheleWE
    MicheleWE Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Bump-interested to try it.
  • nellyb2011
    nellyb2011 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    bump
  • teganjessica
    teganjessica Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Im not a egg fan so im asking does it have a egg taste to it ????? i love bananas tho thats why im tempted
  • JulianaMSRDLDN
    JulianaMSRDLDN Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ground chia or whole? (Wondering in terms of gelling properties)

Also... a tablespoon, a teaspoon... what's a spoonful?

Thanks for sharing. this looks great!
  • ajball90
    Options
    Im not a egg fan so im asking does it have a egg taste to it ????? i love bananas tho thats why im tempted

I couldn't taste the egg at all, however I like eggs so I maybe just didn't notice it. You would definitely have to mix it with fruit or yoghurt or something though, I think it would be too rich by itself.

Ground chia or whole? (Wondering in terms of gelling properties)

Also... a tablespoon, a teaspoon... what's a spoonful?

Thanks for sharing. this looks great!

I used whole chia seeds. And I put in 1 tablespoon.
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    yum. must make.
  • wrkout2bfit
    wrkout2bfit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to give it a try! Thank you for sharing!
  • WalkingMermaid_
    WalkingMermaid_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do it right now, back in 10 minutes with verdict!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    sounds delish; will have to get some chia seeds and try
  • cinebaldwin
    Options
    What are chia seeds Do you have to use them? Is there a substitute? I don't have them and wanted to make this now.
  • serendipity57
    serendipity57 Posts: 153 Member
    Options

Waits patiently????
  • WalkingMermaid_
    WalkingMermaid_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options

Waits patiently????

I tried it... I don't know if it's just me, and I don't want to discourage anyone from trying it themselves, but it wasn't very nice. I was very optimistic because it smelled good, but the taste and texture wasn't something I enjoyed at all, I was too aware of the egg taste. Sorry!

Others may enjoy and I encourage you all give it a go, it did have a sweet taste though, so it's got that going for it :ohwell:

It's a shame because I cannot eat gluten so was hoping this would be a new sweet treat to add to my collection :frown:

Thanks for sharing anyway :flowerforyou:
  • serendipity57
    serendipity57 Posts: 153 Member
    Options

Waits patiently????

I tried it... I don't know if it's just me, and I don't want to discourage anyone from trying it themselves, but it wasn't very nice. I was very optimistic because it smelled good, but the taste and texture wasn't something I enjoyed at all, I was too aware of the egg taste. Sorry!

Others may enjoy and I encourage you all give it a go, it did have a sweet taste though, so it's got that going for it :ohwell:

It's a shame because I cannot eat gluten so was hoping this would be a new sweet treat to add to my collection :frown:

Thanks for sharing anyway :flowerforyou:

Oh that's a shame, I don't have any chia seeds anyway, but I wonder if it could be done with some walnuts and cinnamon hmmm, maybe I'll try tommorrow????
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    hmm Thanks for posting.
  • jodiebarrette
    jodiebarrette Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!