I really need help! :(

Options
I'm finding it hard to commit due to work. I work casually and sometimes this means 7 days in a week and mixture from days to nights so my body is all over the place.

What i would like is a diet that basically says, eat this on a monday, eat this on a tuesday etc. Preferably something quick and easy or something that can be prepared in advanced and frozen.

Does anyone have a diet plan that could help me? I find myself just going to the garage on the way to work for lunches and am starting the see the weight go up.

Replies

• corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a day off in ages and my food log is open, flaws and all. Enjoy. Will be on vacation next week but after that will be back to the daily grind. Scored some boxes of Annie's mac n cheese pouches for a buck a pop so I'll probably be on a kick with that for a while.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    I'm finding it hard to commit due to work. I work casually and sometimes this means 7 days in a week and mixture from days to nights so my body is all over the place.

What i would like is a diet that basically says, eat this on a monday, eat this on a tuesday etc. Preferably something quick and easy or something that can be prepared in advanced and frozen.

Does anyone have a diet plan that could help me? I find myself just going to the garage on the way to work for lunches and am starting the see the weight go up.

It's about being organised. Make and take lunches. Always have fruit and things handy. Make smart choices.

Sorry, but ' I'm too busy to be healthy' doesn't wash with me. You can definitely find a way.
  • LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I had some co-workers try the Shred diet plan. The book gave specifics on what to eat and when, full meal plans. It worked for them as long as they followed it. I didn't use it because I don't like being told what I can and cannot eat. Just take a look at my diary
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I like the mfp mobile app on both android and iphone, helps keep me from screwing up me... even if I'm eating out I known what Im putting in before I do and can moderate better.
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I work sometimes 60+ hours each week so I know what you mean!!! I don't even take a lunch break, but I always have something at my desk when I feel the need...I always have fruit...sometimes fresh, sometimes canned...anything that can be eaten without cooking... just open and eat...lately I have found the containers of trail mix and nuts (unsalted)..anything like that...just look around at the store....just watch out for high sodium in anything canned...
  • Paulapatricia2011
    Paulapatricia2011 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Try buying things you like that you can take around with you. For example I buy Quaker oatmeal medleys and have those for breakfast. Just add water. Tasty and comes in about four different flavours. 290 calories. Most days lunch is a salad. Dinner is a sandwich. In between there are fruits and nuts.

I have found that when I make the effort I find healthy choices. Sometimes I don't but I do not beat myself up over it. When I gain, I just know I have to try harder and I do.

Also it might help if you join the challenge "life's new journey" . It is a great motivator. Check it out and good luck!
  • drezzal
    drezzal Posts: 20 Member
    Options

It's about being organised. Make and take lunches. Always have fruit and things handy. Make smart choices.

Sorry, but ' I'm too busy to be healthy' doesn't wash with me. You can definitely find a way.

I'm willing to bet you haven't worked 84 hour weeks?

I love cooking and wish I could make lunches daily but the last thing I have on my mind after a 12 hour shift is cooking lol. Kind of the reason I made this thread.

Thanks for all the suggestions :)
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options

I love cooking and wish I could make lunches daily but the last thing I have on my mind after a 12 hour shift is cooking lol. Kind of the reason I made this thread.

Actually as a teacher I have an idiotically busy job and often have to bring work home. When I do cook I make enough for lunch and I stock up on easy healthy fixes for the rest of the time.

I stand by my earlier call about balance, and making it work - if you actually want to, you can.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Actually as a teacher I have an idiotically busy job and often have to bring work home. When I do cook I make enough for lunch and I stock up on easy healthy fixes for the rest of the time.

I stand by my earlier call about balance, and making it work - if you actually want to, you can.

I have gone through periods where I was literally living in my office for days at a time. This isn't me saying 80+ hour weeks don't suck because they do. I'll just say that you will feel better if you take care of yourself. Find fast food choices that work into your diet such as Subway or find time to pre-prepare a load of chicken breasts and vegetables once a week, break them out into plastic containers and freeze them. You can then bring those to work with you. That also works with other foods such as lean pork chops. Your goal should be "better" not perfection.
  • drezzal
    drezzal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like the chicken and rice idea. Is it true that you shouldn't buy the prepacked breasts ? From tesco for example.
  • Project9
    Project9 Posts: 135
    Options

Write down all the food you like and check it against he MFP numbers. That might help you determine if there is items you might want to avoid in your daily consumption.
    I've lost ZERO lbs, so you know you can count on my advice. LOL