75 pounds down, 75 to go...halfway there (pic)

Options
The original pic was taken August 2009, but I was the same weight in October 2009 too. From 10/09 to 01/10 I lost 20 pounds, maintained until 03/09, then I really kicked it up a notch, and in the last 6 months I lost another 55. So, I'm halfway to my goal weight, and so far so good!

3524zz6.jpg

Replies

• madcatwechanged
    Options
    Great job!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    You look like your own younger brother! Great job!
  • christinafpdx
    Options
    Love it! Love the same smart alec brow :]
  • Lauris83
    Options
    good job! u look great!!
  • StephieWheats
    StephieWheats Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Its amazing how loosing weight makes you look so much younger! Great job!
  • johnmcc22
    Options
    congrats!!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! Keep doing what your doing cause it's working great!!!
  • EclaireP
    EclaireP Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Love the changes to your jawline!
  • sunflower0022
    sunflower0022 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    wow!! what a huge difference!! WTG!!
  • 29bubbles
    29bubbles Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Wow! you look awesome!

Been really feeling like giving up the last few days...thinking I won't really look/feel any different.

Your photos are very inspiring! Thanks for posting!!
  • rescuepete
    rescuepete Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! MFP's been fun to use and easy, plus the support of the community here is awesome. I just recalculated my goals, and my 1800 daily calorie goal just dropped to 1640...a new challenge, I love it!
  • radtech
    Options
    GREAT job!!
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    What have you been doing to drop the weight?
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Fantastic xxx
  • lilmom1
    Options
    WTG!!!!
  • rescuepete
    rescuepete Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    What I have been doing to drop the weight:

The first 20 pounds
    I made very slight changes to diet and absolutely no changes to exercise. I continued to eat fast food because of my laziness, but I just got the grilled chicken options with a side salad instead of a burger and fries. My exercise went from sedentary to sedentary, so like I said, no change there.

The next 55 pounds
    I started exercising regularly and eating right. Pretty simple stuff, really. I had to start SUPER slow with exercising though, because I had really let myself go. My first couple walks were at a snail's pace, and now I'm booking it at over 4.5mph. My minimum was to walk 30 minutes a day in the beginning, but I've started using a pedometer. Now I strive for 10,000 steps a day. I also bike commute to work on Fridays, 20 miles round-trip (until the weather starts to turn garbage). My buddy and I usually go for another bike ride on Sundays too (about 10 miles there). Beyond that, three times a week I get in some calisthenics, and then of course I track the calories here, so that keeps me on my toes for what I eat.

The next 75 pounds
    Who knows. Hopefully more of the same I've been doing for the last 6 months, but I'm sure I'll have to mix it up at some point. Eventually, I'll start running/jogging. Maybe another 20-25 pounds when I feel like my knees can take it.

Oh, and no gym. Screw gyms. I hate those places. And they cost money. I need to save that money for new clothes when I get skinnier! I'm already into my college wardrobe, and soon I'll be through my high school threads. :)
  • 501blues
    Options
    Way to go!!!!!
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Thanks everyone! MFP's been fun to use and easy, plus the support of the community here is awesome. I just recalculated my goals, and my 1800 daily calorie goal just dropped to 1640...a new challenge, I love it!
    that's great! Best wishes for your continued success!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    What I have been doing to drop the weight:

The first 20 pounds
    I made very slight changes to diet and absolutely no changes to exercise. I continued to eat fast food because of my laziness, but I just got the grilled chicken options with a side salad instead of a burger and fries. My exercise went from sedentary to sedentary, so like I said, no change there.

The next 55 pounds
    I started exercising regularly and eating right. Pretty simple stuff, really. I had to start SUPER slow with exercising though, because I had really let myself go. My first couple walks were at a snail's pace, and now I'm booking it at over 4.5mph. My minimum was to walk 30 minutes a day in the beginning, but I've started using a pedometer. Now I strive for 10,000 steps a day. I also bike commute to work on Fridays, 20 miles round-trip (until the weather starts to turn garbage). My buddy and I usually go for another bike ride on Sundays too (about 10 miles there). Beyond that, three times a week I get in some calisthenics, and then of course I track the calories here, so that keeps me on my toes for what I eat.

The next 75 pounds
    Who knows. Hopefully more of the same I've been doing for the last 6 months, but I'm sure I'll have to mix it up at some point. Eventually, I'll start running/jogging. Maybe another 20-25 pounds when I feel like my knees can take it.

Oh, and no gym. Screw gyms. I hate those places. And they cost money. I need to save that money for new clothes when I get skinnier! I'm already into my college wardrobe, and soon I'll be through my high school threads. :)
    You look good! :)

Ah and don't forget the strength training!!:drinker: :wink:
    Becca
  • NH_1970
    NH_1970 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and have fun buying your new threads :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!