6 months and 65lbs (pics)

Options
So, I started off as your standard "Been fat my whole life, tried every diet and failed" kind of gal. In January 2013 I made a commitment to myself, my children, and my husband (billylosesit) to stop being "that" girl and here we are, half way through the year, 65lbs down, and still rockin' it! My starting weight was 250lbs and as of this morning I weigh 185lbs. I still have around 40lbs to lose, but I am more than half way there =)

Everyone always asks "what's your secret? How did you do it?" Simply put, there is no secret. Eating right and exercising have made a world of difference! My only secret was getting my butt off the couch and doing it! It's so hard taking that first step, but once you do, keep going! Run with it, and never stop!

I hope to inspire others, provide some motivation for those in need. If this girl can do it, so can you! Feel free to add me. I am on every day and try to encourage all of my friends along their journey =)

<3 Nursesturgill

Before: 250lbs
Now: 185lbs

4fHY2JF.jpg

Replies

• anywhoodle
    anywhoodle Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Looking great! Well done, I was just looking for inspiration to get off the couch, so... thanks!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Good for you :flowerforyou:
  • mdj68
    mdj68 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That is so amazing! I started the same time as you, lost about 21 pounds and got lazy - didn't lose for several weeks and then gained 3 pounds in 3 weeks! I just recommitted on Wednesday and so happy to see this post - you're an inspiration. Thanks for sharing!
  • selanrael
    selanrael Posts: 32
    Options
    Wow, awesome results in half a year! You truly are an inspiration, thanks :)
  • BillyBeastMode
    BillyBeastMode Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My beautiful wife :) I couldn't have conquered this journey without you. . . here's to our continued success with health, fitness, and happiness!!! <3
  • Aliviuum
    Aliviuum Posts: 67
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I think it is beautiful that you and your hubby is doing this together, you have done an excellent job you had a pretty face before but now it is defined cheek bones sticking out you go girl. LOOKING GOOD!!!!
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    congratualtions, and it is an inspiration to us obese people that need to get back to "normal".
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    My beautiful wife :) I couldn't have conquered this journey without you. . . here's to our continued success with health, fitness, and happiness!!! <3

thats great that you are all onboard with it and doing it together, that'd make things alot easier on both of you
  • missmimichan
    Options
    great job!!!! keep it up girl!!!
  • JasonT1973
    JasonT1973 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Great job !!!!!!!!!
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Great job. You are a very beautiful lady.
  • TheVeganFrenchie
    Options
    You look amazing :):)
  • Scaramouche73
    Options
    My wife and I are doing it together too, it makes all the difference when you are supported and are able to support in return. We are both looking and feeling great at the moment. I'll never forgive myself for getting lazy, that was my sole problem. Now I'm active, getting thinner and getting fitter. Never felt better! Good luck with rest of your journey.
  • G__Force
    G__Force Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job, you look fabulous!!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job! You look great. Congrats!
  • Emmy360
    Emmy360 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job, Weldone. Great to see that it can be done..and in such a short time..Such a Motivation.
  • fefelabell
    Options
    You certainly are an inspirational , thank you
  • kitty710
    kitty710 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    well done your looking really amazi ng!!
  • theycallyoumister
    theycallyoumister Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You're modeling what success looks like! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!