Acne?

Options
So now that I'm eating better, my face is breaking out. Bad. Someone told me this is because my body is getting rid of toxins.
Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• 29bubbles
    29bubbles Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a few annoying zits as well. Are you excersising? The extra sweat can clog your pores if your not using a good facial soap... if I bike outside I get horrible zits.. I think it's b/c the sweat dries on my skin and mixes with the bugs that slap me in the face , that combo dries and my skin just doesn't like it, thus I go to the gym, LOL.
  • misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm experiencing it, bad. I've tried everything but nothing is working :/ My Proactiv just came in the mail today so hopefully that will help.
  • AriesGrl
    AriesGrl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have been breaking out so bad since my weight loss!!! I have tried EVERYTHING...my sister is an estetician so I get the best help and treatments, but even that dosent help. I'm curious about the proactive so keep us posted how it works. My Dr says its from the change of hormone levels that go with the weight loss?????
  • Sparren
    Sparren Posts: 106
    Options
    Yes, most annoying! I have found that my skin has settled down now, but about a month or so ago when I started it was nasty. I'm exercising (try to do something most days), and have upped my water intake.

Hope it settles down for you - all the best for your goals!

:happy:
  • NH_1970
    NH_1970 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    yep, isn't it just glorious to look like a teenager again? (insert sarcasm) The toxins exit through either poo/pee or Skin.

Drink more water it helps a lot and yes its your body doing the rid of toxins thing. It will also calm down for you when your body adjusts to the fact you're losing weight just make sure you're eating well/healthy too. If you don't that will show up in your skin.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Try washing your face BEFORE you exercise. It gets the gunk off of your face so that when you sweat it doesn't wash into your pores, Cetaphil before and after my workouts is my absolute best friend!
  • lilmom1
    Options
    I use proactive and after a few weeks your skin not only rids of acne, but it feels younger and firmer. My husband will walk in sometime and say is it possible your getting younger not older. ;0) Makes my day! Soo YEA for proactive!!!

1920750.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • JForbrizzio
    Options
    You can try a soap with salycic acid in it. It's generally not as strong as benzoyl peroxide (what they use in proactive), but you can try that too.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    So now that I'm eating better, my face is breaking out. Bad. Someone told me this is because my body is getting rid of toxins.
    Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this?
    Exactly right! Everything comes out through our skin pores, so all that junk we used to eat, we're now sweating out via excercise and healthy eating, it won't last thought! No worries, keep up the water and good foods and workouts and your skin will glow again!! My skin is so clear after dropping all the weight, it's amazing.:happy:
  • JillTwiss
    JillTwiss Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! It is so bad I hardly want to get up in the morning and go to work (I work with the public) but it helps to know I'm not alone. :wink:
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Have you added a food or foods into your diet that you previously didn't eat much of before? I was suffering from rashes (my dermatolgist told me the sudden onset was rosacea) and acne on my face that suddenly just flared. I went to a holistic nutrionist and found out that while I wasn't outright allergic to some foods, I was incredibly sensitive. Once I cut them from my diet, the rash/flushing and acne on my face was gone. I break out now only when I have PMS and when I have eaten something I am not supposed to. My foods were typical triggers: peanuts, corn, wheat, soy, tomatoes, pineapple and bananas. I was eating bananas every single day for the potassium and putting peanut butter on my toast in the morning!
  • JillTwiss
    JillTwiss Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm....I can't think of anything in particular but I'll pay closer attention in the next few days. Thanks! Definitely something to look at.