need to lose 20kgs in 2 months..possible?

Options
need to lose 20kg in 2 months because after getting fit i want to concentrate more on my studies... so help

Replies

• alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Not a chance. Most you are going to lose is around 8kg at the VERY max, however it is doubtful you will lose more than 5-6kg. You also sound like you find it a chore by the fact you want to "get fit" then concentrate on your studies. You need to do both and enjoy bettering your health and body. If you make this into a quick diet you are most likely going to end up with all the weight back on and back on here in another 6 months time.
  • KellyyT
    KellyyT Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    unless you are extremelyyyy overweight, i'm gonna say no, that's probably not possible. and once you focus more on your studies, you might gain back some of that weight, fyi. especially if you don't continue your weight loss habits and working out.

losing weight and MFP is more of a lifestyle, not really a quick fix and then move on with your life.
  • snow8231
    snow8231 Posts: 10
    Options
    and what if i'll lose weight at a healthy rate lyk .. 1 kg per week?? and the real thing is tht i want to make my ex lil jealous..
  • BigJ1966
    BigJ1966 Posts: 7
    Options
    Excessive weight loss to try an make someone jealous?

Highly irresponsible attitude towards your health and not something other impressionable young girls should be encouraged by.

If your Ex left you due to your weight then it's his loss.

Sorry to be blunt but, grow up and move on with your life with a more positive attitude, is the best advice I can give.

You only get one go on the ride so don't waste it.
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I don't know about an eating disorder, but yes, it would be very hard and you'd have no room for error.
  • morticia16
    morticia16 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Of course it is possible. Anything and everything is possible, sort of... But 20 kg-s in 2 months will also very much likely mean damage to your body so I'd recommend to aim for something healthier and sustainable.
  • ConnorCleall
    ConnorCleall Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This made me chuckle. Especially considering the fact she's not taking anyone's points across. I agree with Aly's comments.
  • Shellerini
    Shellerini Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I think you would be able to lose 20kg in 2 months but you would have to eat max 800 kcal and exercise for 60 mins and then you would gain all the weight back!!
    I would say 6 kg a month is good
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I read your other posts. So he left you because he said you're fat. What a winner. You're really better off without him.

Get fit FOR YOU. You're allowing him valuable space in your head when he's probably not even thinking of you. And do it slowly not as a crash diet otherwise you'll gain the weight right back in no time.