Brand Spankin New

Options
I created my page about 5 minutes ago. I am 48 years old, and was recently diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. Actually that was the best thing that could happen to me. I have been so lax about my weight. I didnt want to give up my soda, etc... but now, i HAVE to or it can cause me big problems. I am planning to cut my calories, start walking , and give up the soda . I am looking for people that like to chat, that are positive (for the most part), good sense of humor..... and most importantly, that are going thru this journey as well. Please feel free to add me.. i look forward to getting to know you ;)

Replies

• christina_1011
    christina_1011 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    hey there ....diabetes runs in my family ,i had it when i was preg w/ my son ...i am back to MFP as of yesterday ...was on WW for alil ....tryin to switch things up to keep my motivation goin ...i had stopped soda quite a few yrs ago when i had gastric bypass surgery ...the doc told me the carbonation swells the stomach and intestons...just from no soda i had lost 10 lbs in a short time ....i now will have an occational diet dr pepper ( gotta live alil ;) ) well anyway ....we r all on this journey together this is a great place for motivation and support ....feel free to add me :)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You sound like someone I'd love to know so add me if you feel like it. Keep going, we got this! We really have.
  • livinglife64
    Options
    thank you for responding...added you both:)
  • nilleah
    nilleah Posts: 177
    Options
    Hi there! I'd love to help you out on your journey! You sound like you are truly ready to make that change and I will help support you to the best of my ability. Please feel free to contact and add me if you would like another friend. <3
    ~ Gina
  • lcantrell65
    lcantrell65 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hi! It looks like we might have a lot in common, so I am going to send you a friend request. Good luck. I think you will find this site to be a wonderful place to get information and support.
  • eandbmom
    eandbmom Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just started too. I am 49 and looking for people to keep me motivated. Feel free to add me.