How much cardio do you do for maintenance?

Options
Not loss/gain, but maintenance specifically. :) How many days per week, for how long, what type and at what intensity? I have my own routine but I wanted to hear some stories from others to see if I could switch it up a bit for kicks. If you want to mention how much/what type/how long/how intense you do your weight training, that would be great as well!

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    does not compute. for maintenance, you simply need to eat the same amount of calories that your body burns each day. no cardio required.

now, if you eat more than your maintenance requirements, then you can do that corresponding amount of cardio to that calorie number. but it's not like there's some hard number like "do X minutes of Y type cardio for maintain weight" that applies to everyone.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    The only thing different in my routine from maintaining vs cutting is if I'm training for a 1/2 Marathon. Otherwise I do what I normally do of 1-3 sessions of HIIT cardio and that's it. Cardio is not my priority, lifting is and don't care if I fit it in or not. I do bleachers and sprints and that's it. I don't like to go more than 20 mins and if I get it in at least once a week I'm ok, if not I don't stess. If I'm not in race mode this is my routine whether cutting or maintaining. Pick a routine that you'll sustain no matter what bc it will come down to diet more.
  • hausisse
    hausisse Posts: 90
    Options
    I know that! Hahahaha, I'm not really asking for advice, just wondering what other peoples' routines are :p