Men and Stubble

Options
GuitarJerry
GuitarJerry Posts: 6,102 Member
A study had 351 women rate attractiveness of 10 men in the following stages of facial hair: clean shaven, light stubble (5 days unshaven), heavy stubble (10 days unshaven), and fully bearded.

Heavy stubble was viewed as the most attractive, while clean-shaven and fully bearded tied. Light stubble was not viewed as attractive, as it was often too patchy.

More info: http://bit.ly/179KKmv

Incidentally, the guy they show in the article with "heavy 10-day stubble" looks like me after 3 days. So, your mileage may vary. Anyway, if you ain't gettin' any, grow some stubble. Lol

Replies

• SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of stubble, but also love a goatee.
  • Jennyflies
    Jennyflies Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Lol i had just finished telling a good friend that i HATED him with a beard. It made him look 20lbs heavy. I did however like him with a little bit of facial hair, like his goatee. No sooner did I tell him that, that i saw this article on Yahoo...ha ha
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I tend to either have a stubble, or a short goatee.

I look baby faced when I'm clean shaven, and like a bear when I have a full beard....
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    yep - love an 11 am shadow :)
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    It's just way more practical for me. My blood is Greek, my hair is thick and black and my beard grows so fast. If I shave at 7am, I have a shadow by midday.

I also think I look better with a bit of growth, and feedback has told me that I ought to keep it up lol
  • TitzzMcGhee
    TitzzMcGhee Posts: 116
    Options
    Yep, I love a man with facial hair.
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    Actually you just reminded me. I need to shave!! I definitely look better clean shaven!! My beard gets all messy when it grows, and I look even worse with stubble!! I'm not very blessed when it comes to facial hair!!
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    A little goatee works for me!
  • lollie_789uk
    lollie_789uk Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love stubble! To me, it signifies all things manly.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Incidentally, the guy they show in the article with "heavy 10-day stubble" looks like me after 3 days. So, your mileage may vary. Anyway, if you ain't gettin' any, grow some stubble. Lol

I was going to say I have pretty heavy stubble in 2-3 days, and am verging on a beard in a week. By 10 days I have a beard, no question about it.
  • lishaalexis
    lishaalexis Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I hate facial hair. My skin is WAY too sensitive for it. Even the smallest amount of stubble makes my skin break out. I a def like guys who don't have any faical hair. Good thing my hubby doesn't grow facial hair yet. It is starting to come in. Yes a grown man doesn't have faical hair! He is 23 going on 24 and doesn't have to shave everyday. Maybe if he is lucky maybe once a week.
  • CarlaRG
    CarlaRG Posts: 264
    Options
    I've made my husband grow a trimmed beard because I'm sick of him getting carded when we go out when I don't anymore. I like whatever looks best on that particular man though
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I love stubble, long stubble, beard, and smooth. If it's on his face, I love it.
  • super_J73
    super_J73 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I love stubble or a nice goatee.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    I am a huge fan of stubble, but also love a goatee.
    ^^^^^This.....RAWR!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I have heavy stubble right now, but am about to shave it off. I prefer to be clean shaven.
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I like the look of stubble usually, but love the feel of clean shaven.
  • ravegee
    ravegee Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I don't like fully bearded men but a little bit of stubble is alright.
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    love a bit of stubble, not so keen on full facial hair