should i...

Options
theepervette
theepervette Posts: 638 Member
jog in the ghetto at 5am and risk getting jumped... or wait till the bloody hot sun comes up...?
highlight of my life.

Replies

• griff7809
    griff7809 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Criminals are lazy, they're in bed at 5 am.

I would'nt run in short shorts and a sports bra if I were you. Maybe push it until 5:30?

I run at 0500 when I'm home...BUT:

A. I don't live in LA
    B. I'm a 225 lb male
    C. I will cut a fool that tries to come at me
  • FriscoChet
    FriscoChet Posts: 57
    Options
    I say find someone that you like and run with them. Pretty women should not run alone, especially at 5am. Then, make your own heat. But hey, that is just me. Good luck and be safe!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    i've done it. everyone at work used to yell at me though. told me i either a) should run with pepper spray or b) stop running through bad neighborhoods.

meh. i never had any issues. although anytime big creepy white vans would drive by on those early morning runs, i'd get a little skeeved out and check my surroundings for a quick getaway.
  • theepervette
    theepervette Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    bwaahaha!! each one of you made chuckle just a bit :)
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options

that's very true. i would see more shady characters and get more looks while running at like 8 - 9 am when the sun's up and more humans are roaming the streets.
  • FriscoChet
    FriscoChet Posts: 57
    Options

that's very true. i would see more shady characters and get more looks while running at like 8 - 9 am when the sun's up and more humans are roaming the streets.

@Michellemybel, Lets be honest, guys are going to stare at you running by them no matter what time it is! (take as complement!)
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    I used to do my morning mile between 4 and 4:30. I live in the city. I did it UNTIL I had a vehicle approach and "slowly" follow me. He took off when I reached for my phone. Could've been nothing. I don't know. I don't do it any more!
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I usually choose to run with the German Shepherd when I run at 330 am or 4 am [on work days]. And I always tell her to 'be aware' when we see a creeper -- saw a crazy looking bum in the road yesterday morning, she growled at him and then watched him as we ran past. And some teenagers were out and about too, that kind of irked me -- teenagers are never up to anything good at 345 in the morning. The Shepherd also kept a close eye on them when we ran past.
    And a police officer totally did a loop around the block and passed me twice...that made me feel a little safer.

Otherwise I've never had any issues with running when it's o'dark:thirty outside.
  • Jennvandemark
    Jennvandemark Posts: 179 Member
    Options

What he said and maybe carry pepper spray.:smile:
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    how bout hop in ur car and go the next town over for your run or find a bike path.