I'm feeling unmotivated :(

Options
Been here 8 weeks, and i've lost 20lbs so far, which even with how i'm currently feeling, i'm proud of that,
But I had a cheat say, not good, and it was mainly cause my boyfriend wanted a takeaway, and we was watching man v food, also a bad idea, and i'll own up, the idea of it made my mouth water, so there we go.
This meal did not agree with me at all! I woke up the next morning with the runs (sorry, i know tmi) and with sulphur burps.
If you've ever had sulphur burps you will already know how disgusting and horrible they are, and i thought, this is definitely going to stop me being bad.
But i've lost the willpower, where i normally wouldn't touch anything i wasn't allowed, or only in small events, i've found it super hard to say no.
But i still want to do this so bad, i still have 50lbs to lose. And i just don't what's happening.
I'm sure most people have felt like this, how do i pull myself out of it and find my willpower again?
I need this so much. For me to be a healthy and happy person.

Replies

• AmyS1975
    AmyS1975 Posts: 143
    Options
    Been there before ... Only you can change your thoughts ... Get moving! If you're exercising, you're not eating! And there's no way you can exercise after a heavy meal. Take it from me, you don't want to wake up in 4 years and have to lose those pounds all over again. Shake it off, forgive yourself, and move on. YOU can do it! You have got to believe! And drink a lot of water to flush the bad stuff out of your body.
  • naterciarodrigues58
    naterciarodrigues58 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Just forge the cheat day and get back at it. Everyone cheats every now and then, everyone has their bad moments, and that's ok - you do not need to deprive yourself from the things you like to eat, if you are doing this for life you will NEED to have some "cheats" every now and then. Just remember what you've already achieved and get back at it. You are doing great and one cheat day will not change that.

Good luck!
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    I was kinda waiting for this post from you. Sorry to say that, but you restricted yourself to the point where I could no longer sit by and support it. :ohwell:

Please understand that food is not the enemy. There are no "bad" or "good" foods. Food is for suffucient energy. Eat it.

Allow yourself some wiggle room. Going over your allotment every once in awhile will not derail your new lifestyle if you don't let it. Hell, if you undereat by 100 or so calories for a week, that's 700 calories you have to work with and play around with and still lose weight.

Motivation isn't going to be constant. You're going to have days where you really don't feel like eating well or exercising. Stop relying on feeling motivated and start making things a habit. A schedule. A ritual. Something you just DO.

Only you have control over what you eat and what you do. You can do it! Hang in there. Good luck.
  • Lulufifi1994
    Lulufifi1994 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    1 takeaway does not a failure make. In order to maintain weightloss and your goal weight when you reach it (and I know you will.) you should be making a lifestyle change, and I know I couldn't go the rest of my life without an occaisional takeaway. Also - this bad experience will probably have put you off for a while. You've already lost 20lb which is an amazing achivement. You just have to do that another 2.5 times and you've reached your goal. Find a friend to exercise with, put on some cheesy songs from your childhood and dance around the kitchen while you wait for a healthy meal to cook. Even if you don't feel like doing 'proper' exercise you can still burn calories while you life your mood. Maybe borrow a dog to take to the park.
    You go girl!
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    TBH I saw the title and was ready to go at you with a snippy remark. However, your last sentence changed my mind. You lost your mojo, only one that can find it or look is you. You hold the power to look for it, regain it and move forward. You want examples of **** eating? We are all examples, we are all slackers at one time or another. It is part of life. What you do with it is up to you. Focus and move forward.....if you don't ....well you already know the answer, good luck!
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    It's a new day, start afresh. Or if you want to "reset" yourself psychologically, you could try going on a fast (coffee, tea, water) or eating very lightly until dinner.
  • summertimesadnessx
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. What i did was i gave up, i became unmotivated... then i got back into it. Giving up is temporary if you have something you really want. And look, you lost 20 lbs! that is amazing! you can't stop now :)
  • MichaelNapper
    MichaelNapper Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Same thing is kinda happening to me (past couple weeks). Had to fly home for a wedding/holiday, just really threw me off. Gained a bit of weight back.

Trying to get back motivated into exercising but having a difficult time of it.

Just keep entering everything on here, and you'll get back into it.
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I had a cheat day last week that didn't agree with my body at all -- it made me feel sluggish and tired and unmotivated. The next day I ate normally and felt great by Monday! Try to have a good exercise and food day and you'll probably feel great and even more motivated tomorrow -- you'll feel accomplished and happy with how you did. Don't let one takeaway derail all your efforts of the past couple of months!!!!
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    It's a new day, start afresh. Or if you want to "reset" yourself psychologically, you could try going on a fast (coffee, tea, water) or eating very lightly until dinner.

Yup, right up until you find yourself in a feeding frenzy from denying yourself what you enjoy. Pay attention to your body, move your *kitten*....the hardest part is getting out the door....when you achieve that hurdle, keep putting one foot in front of the other. YOU GOT THIS!
  • SpleenThief
    SpleenThief Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Ignore how you feel, just do something. People talk about motivation like it has something to do with feeling a certain way when nothing can be further from the truth. Motivation is willingness, nothing more and nothing less. If you're feeling blah, but still get it done, THAT'S motivation. Do it. do something. Do anything. That's the core of motivation, not some emotional connection to a process.