Replies

• BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    Is it life changing?
  • koootenay
    koootenay Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    That is awesome : ) I'll be trying this recipe in the next few days. Thanks for sharing!!!!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    This is my all time favorite recipe ever! It's so simple to make, it comes out so creamy and soft everytime, and there are so many different variations you can make of it!

Skinny Mini Cupcakes

Yield: 48 cupcakes

Ingredients

For Cupcakes:
    ½ box cake mix (dry mix only)
    2 egg whites
    ½ cup water
    1 6 ounce container yogurt the same flavor as the cake mix
    1 tsp vanilla

Instructions
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    2. Using cupcake liners, line two mini muffin pans with cupcake liners and set aside.
    3. In a stand up mixer or using a hand mixer, mix dry cake mix, vanilla, egg whites, yogurt, and water until well mixed. Mix around 2-3 minutes.
    4. Using a spoon, evenly fill cupcake liners with cake batter.
    5. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of cupcake comes out clean.

and thats it! No joke! That's all! I got this recipe from this link "http://www.skinnymom.com/2013/04/15/skinny-mini-red-velvet-cupcakes" but its just so free to alter!

When I first tried it, I made the red velvet cupcakes as the recipe says and for one cupcake it was 26 Calories, 4 Carbs, 1 Fat, 1 Protein, 3 Sugar, 1 Calcium.... YES ONLY 26 CALORIES!

I got so excited I couldn't believe it! The yogurt gave it a bright red color and it was so soft and creamy! Not only is it healthy it was the best red velvet anything I've ever had!!!!

So it got me thinking, what if I could make other type of cupcakes with this? And right away I had to try another recipe!

Next I made vanilla cupcakes (using Pillsbury Traditional Yellow Cake Mix and Dannon Light & Fit Vanilla yogurt) and they had the same creamy consistency! They were amazing! and guess what! These ones were only 19 calories! (19 Calories, 4 Carbs, 0 Fat, 1 Protein, 2 Sugar, 1 Calcium)

I can't wait to try out this recipe with more flavors, like lemon, orange, or banana! My next adventure will probably be strawberry! I also wanna try chocolate cake mix with cherry yogurt to see if it tastes like cherries and chocolate (that's my favorite flavor anything)

That's it for now, but seriously you NEED to try this out. K bye! (:

Thanks for sharing. I will try this. :flowerforyou:
  • tambam69
    tambam69 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Will have to try these, thanks
  • PupPupLove
    Options
    I have made these before and they are perfect snacks when you want something small and sweet. I freeze them and pull them out as needed--that way, they are not laying around and available :)
  • christyallgood
    christyallgood Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious!
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Bumpity, bump bump!!!
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Litababy5
    Litababy5 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bump :bigsmile:
  • mscountrygirl39456
    mscountrygirl39456 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Love it:heart:
  • rhinesb
    rhinesb Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy
  • fairyt4l3s
    fairyt4l3s Posts: 31
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • vbernier1
    vbernier1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    God Bless you OP!

Ditto!
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • MzzNkki
    MzzNkki Posts: 57
    Options
    bump
  • MainahGirl
    MainahGirl Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Bumpity Bump Bump!
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Is it life changing?

I actually think these just might be. Just from reading the recipe alone...yogurt for moistness, real egg whites for rise, no fake stuff, fast baking for convenience, two bite cupcake size for portion control, frosting idea in link with 100 cals for two thus fitting my "snack" cal allotment, flavor variety for repeatability.....

10/10 would bang! 600-00846154w.jpg

I'll report back after trying them in a couple weeks. I am currently busy doing stacked regular sized cupcake trials for an upcoming party. Got no time for this one yet, but I'll get to it. My baker's brain is dying of curiosity.
  • jmom376
    jmom376 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting! Has anyone tried it with Greek Yogurts?
  • XXbrendaXX
    XXbrendaXX Posts: 169
    Options
    Bump! Can't wait to try!!