Water

Dellie22
Dellie22 Posts: 167
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
It is advised to drink 8 glasses of water a day. But everyone has different views on what size a glass is, right? I mean, is it 250 ml, half pint or a pint?
i'm drinking between 2 and 3 litres of water a day (4-6 pint size glasses)
But, which is it?

Replies

• Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    I shoot for 64 ounces and above, which is 1/2 gallon+. Not really a particular glass size.
  • 8-8oz glasses per day. My doctor told me she wanted me to drink between 8 - 11 per day.
  • crazybxrmom
    crazybxrmom Posts: 62 Member
    for those of us who use standard measuerements a glass is 8 oz not sure what the conversion is in metric. But these are the glasses that count. If your glass is bigger youll need less and if your glass is smaller you'll need more. Hope this helps.
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    If you are drinking 2 liters each day you are getting in your 8 8oz servings of water. By drinking a 3rd liter of water you are giving yourself a bonus. Keep up the good work!
  • The glass size is different, so you've got to track the overall volume... Here is US the glass size is 8 oz (sorry, I don't know the metric equivalent). And yes, when using an "8 oz." unit, 8-10 glasses a day is essential for weight loss, and at least 6 glasses for 'non-dieters' :smile:
  • Well, 64oz is 3litres so I'll stick with that. Thanks :)
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    I drink my water from a water bottle that shows the ounces - my water bottle is equal to 3 8ounce cups

When I log it in I mark it is 2 cups though this way it has me drinking more water =)

I have about 12 - 16 cups a day by doing this I didn't retain water from TOM and still lose a lb that week ! =)

The only drinks I keep in my house are milk and juice which is basically for the family -so my only choice is water. I drink milk when I have it with my protein shake for a meal replacement or if it's my free day I may have a soda or two (but lately here whenever we go out to eat on my free day I get water...lol)
  • I dont think you going to like the answer, but you need to work it out according to your body weight.

Take you bodyweight (pounds) divide in half, this is the amount in ounces you need to take.
    If you want to convert it to ml:

divide your answer by 0.0338

If you have your weight in kg (take your weight x 2.2) = pounds

for examble = you weigh 60 kg (132 pounds)
    divide 132 in half = 66
    then divide it by 0.0338 = 1952 ml of water you need a day
  • The glass size is different, so you've got to track the overall volume... Here is US the glass size is 8 oz (sorry, I don't know the metric equivalent). And yes, when using an "8 oz." unit, 8-10 glasses a day is essential for weight loss, and at least 6 glasses for 'non-dieters' :smile:

I am in the UK :)
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    1US Ounce = 29.57 ml

so 8 oz = 236.56 ml

2 litres is 67.63 US ounces

If you drink on 2 litre bottle of water a day, you get about 8 1/2 "Cups" of water. :bigsmile:

PS just got to love all the cool apps on the iPhone :tongue:
  • What I have always been told is to drink half you weight of water in ounces. Example, if you weight 200 lbs, then you would drink 100 oz of water a day. :wink:
This discussion has been closed.