Belly Pouch post C-section

Options
Hello Everyone!
I had a baby 6 months ago via c-section (this is my second c-section), and wanted to know if there are any suggestions people can give to rid the belly pouch on my lower belly.
Whenever I had weight in my stomach pre-baby it was a challenge to rid of it, but never this difficult. I am assuming due to having 2 c-sections my muscles in my stomach have gotten week due to surgery and pregnancies. It seems as though my upper abs are geting more defined and I do feel muscle underneath fat but I want to know of any good exercise routines or dieting tips that might of worked from mothers who went through the same experience. Thank you!

Replies

• dore0021
    Options
    Someone posted a similiar topic a couple of months ago. Everyone said surgery was the only option to remove the loose skin. Though if there is fat under that skin, the lower your body fat % goes the less pouch you'll have.
    I've lost 30lbs and the only thing remaining is my non-c-section baby pouch. It looks like it's here to stay :-( Surgery for big boobs and tummy tuck here I come!!! lol
  • SJT75
    SJT75 Posts: 134
    Options
    I'm the same and would love to know any advice :-)
  • totaltexan
    totaltexan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have been told by my dermatologist that surgery is the only to rid myself of that pouch. I have also had 2 c-sections, the last one being in 1989, and I still have my "pouch"! I hate it.......but I don't think I want to go under the knife to get rid of it.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    watch this video!!!

It gave me hope as long as you do the work!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY6i0u85l-E
  • Cina04
    Options
    I had two c-sections so far - Going to have about one or two more - we really want a boy! hahaha

Day 1 VS Day 53 of Insanity

Untitled45.jpg
  • Cina04
    Options
    Untitled1.jpg
  • michelle29714
    Options
    I had baldder surgery a few yrs back and they cut me open with like 30 stiches...ever since then I have had this pouch because of the weakness of the muscles. I lost 65 lbs 2 yrs ago and it went down some but was still there which makes it difficult to wear fitted pants or shorts because that area is bigger then my upper waist area. I can now do sit ups but not before, I do P90X and it helps some....Maybe you need to do more crunches, if u already do exercises add some extra ab work in there for that lower area....hope this helps, and welcome to the "Pouch" club, I have been a member for YEARS!
  • Cina04
    Options
    another video of a lady who had two sections and was bigger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B6ukL_Czao

whenever I feel like my pooch won't go away I watch these videos and it encourages me again!!!

Beachbody workouts are awesome and worth it!!
  • Paula_Addem
    Paula_Addem Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    This might help too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSpZN4imD44

Love Jillian!
  • melbhall
    Options
    Bump! Can't wait to check these out!
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    I have had a C section only one. I know that I did not choose plastic surgery and I would say use if you feel you need it as a last resort. If you looked at my pictures you will see no pooch of the lower abs. Working out, Working you lower abs as well as your upper abs and of course you have to make sure your food choices are heathly and consistant. Good foods, lean meat, fresh fruits and veggies whole grains and ect. Also stay aways from pop. Diet or reg that can cause bloating and make you retain and or gain weight. Do no eat food that have been processed or out of a box or artifical sweetneers. With time patience and doing a few key things that pooch will go away. I speak from personal exerience as well as my sister had a couple of sections my best freind has had a few. So it is possinble without resorting to more surgery. If you ever have any questions feel free to mesg me
  • amscobra
    Options
    I have had 3 c-sections and was overweight before i got pregnant with the first, my pouch is pretty extreme and was told by the doctors that in order to even do the surgery to remove it that I have to lose a lot of weight first. I am seeing from a lot of women that P90X and Insanity have helped them shrink theirs tremendously so I am working my way up to get mine down as much as possible before making the choice. Good Luck!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Old topic but bumping for later ! No kids but had a double oopherectemy with c section bikini scar.
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    One of my good friends has had 2 c-sections and she has no pooch at all. That said, she's a small girl and always has been but just like any of us, she had loose, saggy skin after her c-section. Eat small, healthy portions of good food and exercise and it should come off with time.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    One of my good friends has had 2 c-sections and she has no pooch at all. That said, she's a small girl and always has been but just like any of us, she had loose, saggy skin after her c-section. Eat small, healthy portions of good food and exercise and it should come off with time.

Good to know