Do you ever cheat with Laxatives?

Options
natalie1
natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
weired question:Do you ever cheat with Laxatives? I mean, on a day that you ate definetely more then you should have? Not normally and not usually, but after some special occasion?
Every week my friends gather together with pot-luck. Everybody is bringing something delicious. And they would die, if you would not try it. And I would die if I would not try it:devil:

Replies

• natalie1
    Options
    weired question:Do you ever cheat with Laxatives? I mean, on a day that you ate definetely more then you should have? Not normally and not usually, but after some special occasion?
    Every week my friends gather together with pot-luck. Everybody is bringing something delicious. And they would die, if you would not try it. And I would die if I would not try it:devil:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    this is definitely a very bad idea. Laxatives wont do anything but cause you to lose water weight and therefore become dehydrated. All of the calories and nutrients are already absorbed into your body at this point, so laxatives are doing no good, and giving you a long night for no reason!

all you need to do is alot the calories you think you will eat, and exercise to earn those extra calories. one day of going over wont kill you, just dont make it a habit!
  • 2day4ever
    2day4ever Posts: 178
    Options
    I'm curious: do your friends who pot-luck (and who would die if you didn't try what they'd made; even if you have told them you're watching your nutritional choices) struggle at all with their own weight?

re: the laxatives. I completely agree with iluvsparkles. Plan your calories ahead of time so that you know what you can do. Planning ahead is A LOT better than using chemicals to purge your body of the water and electrolytes that your body needs (without doing much to the calories you've already taken in).

72689.png
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with iluvsparkles. Many of us joined this website because we were not getting the results we wanted from a variety of unhealthy ways of eating. I would recommend doing this the healthy way. The day of the potluck do a killer workout before you go to earn as many extra calories as possible. Then when you are at the potluck take very small portions of the food instead of eating whatever you want and using laxatives afterwards. You'll thank yourself when you not only lose weight, but are proud of how you did it. Good luck.
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    we do potluck at my work alot, and always get cakes when its someones birthday, i always work out extra hard on those days, and i take a tiny bit of each thing, that way i can try it all! sometimes its hard to remember it all to log it tho!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    If you feel you must do this to your body, do it the healthy way - eat tons of foods with fiber. Have a couple beets, edamame, or cups of raspberries before you go eat. This will fill you up, so you won't take that "extra" bite and have the same effect on your digestion.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    If you feel you must do this to your body, do it the healthy way - eat tons of foods with fiber. Have a couple beets, edamame, or cups of raspberries before you go eat. This will fill you up, so you won't take that "extra" bite and have the same effect on your digestion.

Don't over indulge in fiber- if you go from not eating enough fiber to eating alot of fiber one day you can constipate yourself- you have to slowly increase your fiber to the recommended 25 grams a day-- The average person doesn't get their recommended fiber a day--
  • natalie1
    Options
    Thanks guys. I knew it, of course, but thanks for not letting me cheat myself:blushing:
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    if you want to clean out the system, drink some Triple Leaf Super Slimming tea....HOLY CRAP and I literally mean...HOLY CRAP!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It will clean you out BIG TIME! :sick:
    But I'm thinking tea is a lot better for you than laxatives! Just drink A LOT of water with the tea so you don't dehydrate yourself and don't abuse it!
    Kelly :flowerforyou:
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    SO SO SO BAD FOR YOU! This can seriously damage your digestive system and seriously screw up your body, including, but NOT LIMITED TO, your electrolytes! You can make yourself seriously dehydrated, and since you have no idea how much stuff your body is getting rid of, how are you supposed to know if you had ENOUGH calories for that day? Plus, and I say this with love and affection I swear, using laxatives as a weight management tool is often, and I am not saying it is in your case, but is often a sign of an eating disorder. Since I'm sure you don't have one (you're here after all...) I'm saying this so you be careful, because this could be viewed very poorly by people who don't know all the safe and fun ways you're using to SAFELY lose weight. Please, please don't do this unless you discuss it with your doctor! :):heart:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I'm going to tell you this story that my cousin told me about one of their "friends" I'm pretty sure this is true.

This girl was trying to lose weight so she resorted to laxatives, which is the biggest mistake in the world because that is not what it is intended for. Since she took the laxatives so much she can't go to the bathroom without them. It has just damaged her insides from the repeated use of it.

Bottom line: Don't use laxatives to lose weight.
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I'm going to tell you this story that my cousin told me about one of their "friends" I'm pretty sure this is true.

This girl was trying to lose weight so she resorted to laxatives, which is the biggest mistake in the world because that is not what it is intended for. Since she took the laxatives so much she can't go to the bathroom without them. It has just damaged her insides from the repeated use of it.

Bottom line: Don't use laxatives to lose weight.

You can absolutely become dependant on laxatives!!!
  • natalie1
    Options
    The reason I've asked, is to see how many people actually tryed it. I am not implying that I am the one using it for weight loss. I just thnk OCCASIONALLY when you definetely pigged out.
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    The reason I've asked, is to see how many people actually tryed it. I am not implying that I am the one using it for weight loss. I just thnk OCCASIONALLY when you definetely pigged out.

thats good to hear. hopefully anyone else on the site who is thinking about doing this will read these posts and change their mind!
  • bayaderka
    bayaderka Posts: 53
    Options
    :noway: Never ever use laxatives.

They can make you very sick, especially if you are taking lots of physical activity.

They make you gain weight (not just water) because your body goes into starvation mode, and you'll will eventually break your will and scoff down lots of food. Then more laxatives, and how this vicious cycle goes. It only stops when you are very dehydrated that you must be attended by nurse all day in your room.

Well, that is my experience.:sick: