Doing Hip hop abs ankles and knees hurt!

I started doing hip hob abs June 17 I do it 6days a week with only Wednesday as resting day. I drink plenty of water and noramlly I'm ok but I noticed my knees and ankles start to feel weak and hurt when doing jumping jacks with no arms and jumping squats. I've tried insanity 4 time since I started but that involves me having to do push up and I can't my wrists are weak and I habe carpel tunnel. Any advice to what might be causing this.

Replies

• sudmom
    sudmom Posts: 202 Member
    You need to stretch before and after. It makes a huge difference. Google stretching exercises for abs and legs and you will get tons of results.
  • Lmns218
    Lmns218 Posts: 155
    Yeah I started Hip Hop Abs May 31st and since being in Month 2 and I just started the total body burn 2....I find I have some of the same problem when I do the jumping exercises....when this happens I do Tanya's modified version and then get right back to it. I think I am going to try insanity after this. I really can't do a push up either, but I will work something out!!! I saw the infomercials-even the most fit people in it were tapping out....so I guess I won't feel bad if I do either lol
  • sav3175
    sav3175 Posts: 47
    I love shaun t workouts ive done insanity and rockin body and im currently doing his newest one focus t25 he puts modified moves in to help you for lower impact and he always tells you to go at your own pace make sure your watching your body position i know its hard when ur doing cardio but it helps to prevent your body from getting hurt like the squats make sure your knee isnt going past ur toes. Ive also put a knee support on at times and its helped or wraps for wrists because i have the same problem with my wrists. Add me if you want :)
  • Run4Me2Day
    Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
    I have trouble with my feet and found the shoes I am wearing make a HUGE difference, also I have to modify some of the moves that involve alot of jumping. I still get a good workout, but take out the intensity in my feet........Drop me a message if you want to chat more.
  • awesomek001
    awesomek001 Posts: 167 Member
    It's all about form, and modification. Make sure that your form is correct, and do the modified items. Those muscles also need to be strengthened - and because they aren't "large muscles" they will take longer. Just take your time, and be sure to listen to your body so you don't sustain injury.
  • Thanks I try and do Tanya's but I feel like a whimp so I push myself to do it. Lol I guess have to slow it down. I will do more strecthing before and after :)
  • Well I've been out and about since 12 it's now about to be 4. My ankles and knees are hurting bad were going home. I guess I either won't work out today or I'll do something different today. My ankles do sweel everyday since I had my son so I can't say swelling is bad.