What apps do you all use?? :)

Options
I love a good app and fell in love with Nike Run since I am new to running and it has helped me measure the 60 + training miles i did before my first 5K 2 weeks ago!

I am now looking to rev up my exercise quota. particularly by doing some strength training and wondered if anyone can tell me of any amazing apps that have changed the path of their fitness journey!!

Please feel free to add me to :)

Thanks,

Elaine :drinker:

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I use MyFitnessPal. It's helped me quite a bit. I track my calories and exercise calorie burn and that lets me know if I'm eating enough or too much for the day. It's great.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    None except this - Mfp
  • rachellouisehamilton
    Options
    There are two really awesome apps that I've used for running. One is called C25K (Couch to 5k) and it helps you build up stamina and run 5km in 9 weeks. Another one is called zombies, run! it just adds a little more fun to your workout, and builds a story as you run from the "zombies."
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Fitocracy is fun.

I really like Interval Timer for iPhone. The paid version let's you create all kinds of wacky ones. Even if you are doing the spartacus workout. And the tabata timer app is good too.

New for me is Jawbone Up. It requires the jawbone wristband, I love the sleep tracking and the alarm functions. The pedometer is a bonus.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I use map my fitness, logs all excercise and maps my runs and hikes.

I like zombies run too. I use it with mapmyfitness because I have never successfully logged into zombie link to see my detailed stats (can just see the basic stuff on my phone). Also I don't use the zombies all the time, just when I'm adding speed intervals to one of my short runs.
  • LizaDK914
    LizaDK914 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I use MFP and Gain Fitness. It helps create strength training routines based on whether you want to do it at the gym, at home or wherever. It's like a pocket personal trainer. It even alerts you to do exercise.
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I love apps and may have too many. For fitness I use : runtastic pro, Nike training club, walk tracker, fitbit, mynetdiary, c25k, 5to10k, my fitness pal, fitocracy, zombies 5k, 21 day vegan kickstart(for recipes) , kindle and kobo for books like starting strength, YAGOG, and stronglifts. I browse or use these apps regularly. I also have JEFIT and daily burn but haven't used them.
  • abelthephotographer
    Options
    I use Endomondo to track my random wanderings, but since recently moving to Manchester my GPS has, somewhat counter-intuitively, become complete rubbish, so perhaps I will find something else soon ...
  • gnalani
    gnalani Posts: 126
    Options
    Map my run is great if you do cardio outdoors! More than just running :)
  • addean1
    addean1 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Just mfp, and You are your own gym app- kinda cool with various workouts you can do at home.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Just switched from runkeeper to Nike run, have yayog app but just use it for reference. Log my lifting with the bodybuilding.com app. Have zombies run for entertainment every once in a while.
    And lots others that i don't use...
  • mpchaplin
    mpchaplin Posts: 19
    Options
    I use RunKeeper. I've had it since it came out years and years ago. It has more than running. I like the mapping feature and how it keeps track of all your activities, pace, etc. I like how every 5 min you get an update to see if you're going at a consistent pace. It also has training and you can set it to remind you to workout. I'm actually using it right now just to keep track of my workouts indoors to make sure I work out at least 5-6 days a week. For example, at the end of July I want to have logged at least 27 activities 31-4).
  • Montarosa456
    Montarosa456 Posts: 133
    Options
    I use 'Cardio Trainer' to track my runs&store all my workout times&miles + monthly/weekly calorie burn..it also has reminders etc!
    Manly as I'm a geek and love stats! :)
  • wwhite72082
    wwhite72082 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm using Runkeeper for cardio (GPS function for outdoor running and I manually add exercise if I use a treadmill or eliptical at the gym - also syncs with MFP). For strength training I use Gym Hero. It is a little light on features but I like that it gets the job done and is easy to use.

I also have a Jawbone Up and use it to track things like mowing the lawn, running errands, etc. The Sleep function is nice, if I remember to turn it on before bed.

I had someone recommend JeFit to me today. I downloaded the free version but haven't done anything with it yet.