New to this help

Options
Hi there I am new to fitness pal. Do I need to input a list of of food by brand before I get started for it to be able to calculate?

Replies

• thewayyouwere
    thewayyouwere Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can type in what you ate, & a list of generic & name brand items will come up for you to choose, & then when you click on one, another box will come up for you to choose how much you ate...for example....I had some raisin toast the other but my brand isn't listed, so I just chose a popular brand instead.

I know it can seem confusing at first, but soon you'll be a pro....I've only been here 1 week myself lol...
  • Fiori8
    Fiori8 Posts: 3
    Options
    That's great thanks for the tip!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    One thing too, PAY attention to the nutritional info on the foods you pick from the list as you search.
    Most are user input and some are just downright wrong.
    Some are truly vague, some sandwich but no info on the bread used, a piece of fruit but no weight (grams or oz) or something like medium sized, sandwich with mayo but what kind or how much mayo, use your common sense and either Google the food and look for info if you are not sure.
    Good luck on your journey:flowerforyou:

PS You can scan (via cell app) your UPC if you want or add your product in if you can't find it or something similar in the database.
  • Fiori8
    Fiori8 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you :)