Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Pointless whinge

Summertime is wreaking havoc with my gym schedule. Grrrrrr.

*end pity party here*

(I'm going to have to sack up, give up sleeping in, and get my workouts in before anyone else wakes up and finds a way to interfere.)

Replies

• delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    It's summer! Mow lawns.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    I find this incredibly pointy. In fact, this is the pointiest whinge I've seen in weeks.

9/10 would whinge again
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Having a job is wreaking havoc on my gym schedule so I feel you. Guess we're both going to have to sack up, so to speak.
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Assuming your profile picture is you with a child and your schedule is different due to them being at home for summer holidays, maybe just incorporate more exercise into your day with your child eg swimming, a game of football together, a long walk and a picnic etc etc?

Have fun! x
  • dlanoux
    dlanoux Posts: 112 Member
    I understand where you are coming from. I didn't make the time to go when my kids were younger, then woke up one day and said, "Wow! What the heck happened.....I'm FAT!" I finally stopped making excuses this past May.....a few years later I might add. lol! Anyway, I now take my 17 year old son to the gym with me 3 days a week. He is my best little motivator. :)
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Summertime is wreaking havoc with my gym schedule. Grrrrrr.

*end pity party here*

(I'm going to have to sack up, give up sleeping in, and get my workouts in before anyone else wakes up and finds a way to interfere.)

move to Antarctica.

problem solved.
  • Just_say_jess
    Just_say_jess Posts: 19 Member
    YUP! Between summer and 12 hour shifts - my workouts have suffered. I keep trying!
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Im loving summer because it allows me more flexability with my kids to do fun active stuff with them! My son is gettign chunky so now we all go out and do stuff together!
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,640 Member
    what is a whinge?
  • kirk_clawson
    kirk_clawson Posts: 36 Member
    The British word for whine.
  • mlfrailing
    mlfrailing Posts: 79
    I struggle with that too. I work a somewhat long day about 45 minutes away. By the time I get home I have just enough time for a quick workout before bed. 3AM comes around really early. Sometimes its just a walk with a little running at night. Other nights its at the gym. I try to get some workout in.
  • Overall activity isn't a big problem - I'm one of those people who rarely sits still.

We go on two hour hikes to collect bugs (which makes me miss working, and outsourcing the kids to a nanny . . .) We go swimming a lot - they go almost every day it's not raining - and have easy access to bouncing, jumping, skating, fun stops locally. Even indoors, we have no shortage of nerf swords and guns ready for attack at any time.

However, I'm not getting my weight training routine and core workouts in. I can feel my biceps shrinking. At this rate, I'm never going to be the biggest guy at the gym.