Fitbit--Flex love it...hate it???

Options
Mrs__G
Mrs__G Posts: 12 Member
Hi--

I am new here. So far (this time around since December) I have lost around 55 lbs. I ahve been using WW and am looking into MFP because it's free :) and using pts isn't really something I can see myself doing forever. Calories seems more a long term fix for me. Anyway---- I have not added exercise much. I have walked a few times a week, but not at a quick pace, just getting used to some activity.

I think I am ready to add more exercise, probably walking more often at faster pace. I am looking for something that will track my exercise, and as a bonus the Fitbit monitors sleep patterns. I have a terrible time sleeping :( Anyone out there have suggestions for other devices, or use a Fitbit and can offer information?

Thanks so much :)

Replies

• Reevsie123
    Reevsie123 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Been using the flex for about a week, syncs well with MFP and offers a more accurate calorie record rather than just a generic target. The adjustments change throughout the day so be careful if you have a busy morning it will record extra calories that will reduce if you then take it easy in the afternoon too late if you use those extra calories too soon. The sleep monitor is really interesting. Got used to it on my wrist, it's not exactly pretty but just looks like one of those charity bands
    To answer your question - so far I love it !
    Especially for £79 pretty good value to me

Reevsie
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I got the Flex about 2 weeks ago. Not sure exactly how accurate it is, but again, have not bothered to figure out & plug in my stride info. I find wearing the band to be very comfortable, I don't even realize it's on (but again, I wore a POW bracelet for years as a teen). I sleep like crap and the band shows that.

What I like most about it, and would be most likely the same with any Fitbit product, the Jawbone UP, Nike Fuel and other fitness gadgets out there, it MOTIVATES me to do more and for that fact alone, it's worth the price to me. I don't have to remember to put it on, it won't fall off, I won't throw it in the washing machine and it works with my cell (Samsung SG3) and of course here on MFP. I like being able to see the data (syncs in real time on the cell using Bluetooth), you can manually enter sleep if you fall asleep before tapping it to record.

I wish it showed steps and wish it showed the time, I'm wearing it on my non dom hand and wearing a watch is a bit problematic but do able. You can wear it in the shower but I advise taking it off as water does collect in the thing and I'd rather not have some creeping crud or mold set up camp on my wrist, lol

So yep, I do love it. Got mine at Best Buy as they had them in stock. Now looking to see about buying the slate band (size small fits me). Am sure there are better ones out there but this works for me.
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I don't have the flex, but I have the Fitbit ONE and the ARIA scale.. I can't sing enough praises about the fitbit company. I love it and it syncs with just about everything. I have heard that the flex is waterproof which is something I would upgrade to in the future.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I don't like the Flex because I don't want a tacky bracelet on my arm all the time. I have a One that I keep clipped to my bra. Love it.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I have the One and I love it! It's definitely a motivator, and it helps me get a little more accurate calorie count, I think. Mostly though, it's for the motivational aspect. Today is my rest day and I feel lazy looking at my app and can't wait to get back at it tomorrow!
  • Mrs__G
    Mrs__G Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I appreciate your input :)