I cannot BELIEVE IT! - NSV 5K!

Options

Replies

• dwalt15110
    dwalt15110 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is an awesome accomplishment. Congrats!
  • yorkieII
    yorkieII Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you..that is a great NSV,,,i know there is great things for you ahead!! No stopping you now!!!
  • grdaze
    grdaze Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    good job!!
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Well done, super super super you!
  • lahlstephens
    lahlstephens Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I want to run/walk a 5K someday. I have lost 50 pounds, but I'm not quite there yet. You are an inspiration! It's great to hear someone who has such confidence in herself...I am working on that. Great job!!!
  • Kashton2011
    Kashton2011 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Fantastic work

I felt the same doing my first 5 k - wondering why I'd put myself through that and shell shocked that I would have to run in public. It was really enjoyable and a great day
  • Lindabummy1
    Lindabummy1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    most inspiring and something I am going to try because of you. Great job and congratulations!
  • nelonelonelo
    Options
    Go girl! You put me to shame I have been looking at 'Couch to 5K' at http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/couch-5K-running-plan.aspx
    I haven't had the guts to get off my butt yet, having seen your example I'm going to have a go. Thank you.
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Love this! You rock!
  • ellis222
    ellis222 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    A great accomplishment. Congrats!
  • danag1967
    danag1967 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! What an amazing accomplishment! You should be so proud of yourself!!

I also wanted to say to you and to anyone wanting to run that run/walk is a great way to accomplish running goals. I started "running" in 2009 and have been using the Run/Walk Method since. I have run 9 half-marathons and 2 marathons this way. I am not a skinny runner girl (185lbs), but I get out there and get it done. I am actually a faster runner by using this method. My interval is run for 3 minutes and walk for 1 minute. I do this for my whole race. You can do whatever interval works best for you. Don't let anyone shame you into feeling like you have to run the whole time. Run/Walk works and lots of faster runners than me have switched to r/w and gotten faster.

Again, Congrats!

Dana
  • snoopycool
    snoopycool Posts: 37
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • healthymelisa
    healthymelisa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    WTG! I finished a turkey trot (4 miles) a few years back. Like you, I ran the first mile and run/walk the remaining miles. I bet you feel fantastic!
  • ellen_kay
    ellen_kay Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. Proud of you.
  • niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Well done :)
  • sassafrascas
    sassafrascas Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I needed that! I told a friend earlier this week that I would at the end of September, but now I have been so scared just thinking about it. Thanks for sharing!
  • SolanumSunrise
    SolanumSunrise Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Wonderful accomplishment!
  • Aliviuum
    Aliviuum Posts: 67
    Options
    Well done!
  • lesliefb
    lesliefb Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Very inspirational to those who feel like they can't do stuff like this until they lose some weight first. YOU GO GIRL!!
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Great! You accomplished one of your goals and you are an inspiration to all of us.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!