Food & Fun in Denver, Colorado????

Options
PamelaGatorMom
PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
I'll be in Denver for a couple days this week and I've searched the Food Network website as well as a few others (Man vs Food cause I love that show) but I can't seem to find any MUST EAT AT PLACES that strike my intetest.

So I figured I'd ask here.... while I'm in Denver what are MUST DO & EAT PLACES???

The only thing I have so far on my to do list is tour the Coors Brewery (and get my free sample at the end :drinker: )

Replies

• Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    We have several way better breweries than Coors. Breckenridge, Great Divide, Denver Beer, Strange Brewing, and Wynkoop Brewery are all winners. :drinker:

For food, the Ale House at Amato's is great. Upscale American food menu and a fantastic selection of local beers. It's a favorite of mine.
  • PamelaGatorMom
    Options
    Thanks for the info....truth is I :heart: Coors Light!!!! that or Dos XX :love: my beers of choice.

I'll have to look into the Ale House!
  • PamelaGatorMom
    Options
    Really?!?! One person has suggestions for places to eat & go in Denver, Colorado????
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Denver Beer Co. that's about all I got.
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Lived in Denver for 10 years. There is no end to the great restaurants and breweries. Depends on what you like and how much you want to "cheat." Jax for happy hour oysters, or Oceanaire, Chop House is a good steak, go to The Market on Larimer for truffles and coffee afterward. That's what I like, though there are many "hip" places to try too (meh). For shopping try Cherry Creek. Lots of shoppes. =o]
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I've been to Tocabe (ranked 18 of 2002on Trip Advisor) (This place was on Food Network- Triple D, If I remember correctly), and it was very MEH. They do native american puffy tacos, there.

If you go out--- near the stadium, there's a restaurant called Root Down (Ranked 15 of 2002 on Trip Advisor)---- and the food was FANTASTIC. I had Devil's on Horseback, PEI Curry Mussels, and this sorbet topped bread pudding. it was all absolutely delicious!

There's some awesome little bars and nightclubs on Larimer Street to go check out. I went to see Electric Guest down at Larimer Lounge, and while it was really cool- I felt a little old, it was full of the 'Scene Kids', and I'm 30 at the time... lol
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info....truth is I :heart: Coors Light!!!! that or Dos XX :love: my beers of choice.

I'll have to look into the Ale House!

Well, there's only one way to make sure your love is real.....MOAR BEERZ! Seriously, though. Colorado has amazing beer! Be adventurous and try a few microbrews while you're here. :smile:

Despite growing up in Northern CO, I don't spend much time in Denver except for work and sporting events. I can tell you though, just go walk around downtown. You'll find a hundred places with great food. I like trying new places, so I don't frequent any particular restaurant. Except Brooklyns. I do like hitting Brooklyns for appetizers before an Avs game.

Oh, and we have a really great local music scene! Maybe check out some local bands. http://www.westword.com/calendar/ <---tons of events and stuff.

Have fun!