42 with a Toddler

Options
Hi All!

I'm new to MFP & I'm looking for some folks that may feel they can relate to my problems with weight. I am married with a 2yr old son. I also have an older daughter from a prior marriage, she's 21. Quite a gap in age, I know! Anyway, I've struggled with weight my entire life. I remember just feeling fat even in high school and back then I only weighed 130lbs!! What I would give to weigh that again!!! At this time in my life I am weighing in at 265lbs. It makes me cringe to even write that. I am an emotional eater, I recognize that, but it is a constant battle.

So, I'm here for some emotional support and maybe along the way I'll make some great friends!!

Replies

• kenzie0884
    kenzie0884 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm not near your age, nor have I struggled with weight my entire life (this is a recent thing), but I do have a 15 month old. I was about 60 lbs less prior to having her. I'm looking to lose about 50, would be happy with 20-30. I totally know what it feels like to be an emotional eater, although I think I am over that issue FINALLY. If you need support, someone to talk to, motivation, etc... you are welcome to add me or message me at any time.
    That goes for anyone.
    And good luck on your weight loss, and overcoming emotional eating! It's tough, but you CAN do it!
  • MorningWhispers
    Options
    Good thing you recognize that you are an emotional eater. Maybe its time for you to start looking at what's eating you and what triggers your bad habits.

Now is a good time to start eating healthy and teaching your baby to eat healthy as well.
  • dmspenc
    dmspenc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 40 with two boys. Ages 4 and 18. I have been fighting with my weight for the past 4 years. I have been on MFP for a month, I will try to support you any way I can.
  • Ogress_2_Prncess
    Options
    You can add me :) My oldest is 24 & youngest is 4 (there's seven kids total) I'm almost 41
  • justforjen1
    justforjen1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I will be turning 42 in a couple weeks and I have a 17 yr old, 15 yr old and a 4 yr old. I am currently weighing in at 259, but I started at well over 300 a couple years ago. I have been an emotional eater my whole life. I still am, but I am getting better day by day. I definitely don't have all the answers, but I can offer support!
  • charlenequinn94
    Options
    I just have one almost 20 year old daughter. I have been MFP for 95 days and I started out at 247 now weight 210. If anyone wants to friend me they can.
  • Busymomo5
    Busymomo5 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 with a 17, 15, 12, 10, and 7 year old. I'm back at trying to loose weight again. It's very hard. I'm at my heaviest....206. You can add me! I need the support too! I just started back up this week.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    43yo mum of 5...20, 12, 10, 5 and 18mths. 93lbs lost but happy to friend and support. Everyone enjoys support no matter what stage you are at!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Huge age gap! I felt odd have a 7 year one. First one put me off having more :smile:

Happy to try to help if you need it.
  • Chelz2013
    Chelz2013 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me, too. :) I'm of similar age, similar weight and I have a 3 year old son!
  • dlanoux
    dlanoux Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 43 with 3 sons (21, 19, and 17). I'm on here daily. Feel free to add me.
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I too am 42 years old as with with one toddler (4 yrs old). I have been together with my husband for 24 years & married 18 years now. Always joke to say that we could have had a 24 year old or at least a child graduating from high school already if we started early, but only have one little blessing that just finished Pre-K. Love seeing all the late bloomers~lol. I started my journey at 235 pounds & met my goals (losing over 80lbs with 48 since on MFP) & have been maintaining for almost 9 months now. I have been on MFP for over 400 days & log everything every day & would be happy to support or motivate any others. Feel free to add.
  • JaneLinnLampe
    JaneLinnLampe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day with Mfp. I am looking forward to this journey and sharing the success I hope to achieve. I have been married 35 years to a wonderful supportive man. Having a child later in life is a blessing. My husband and I had our beautiful little girl after 10 years of marriage. She is now 25 years of age. I am 56 years old. My daughter invited me to join MFP.
    Congratulations on your successful loss of weight.