80lbs down in 6 months [pic]

Options
tulsaBill
tulsaBill Posts: 84 Member
I posted this in another thread related to a bf% question but thought it was such a cool graphic I would share here.

If you are just getting started know that it does work! If I had known I could do this I would have started years ago.

I read someplace that it takes 21 days for something to become a habit. I don't know if that's true or not but if you keep at it eventually the good habits will overtake the bad. It's been suggested to me that I might be over-training and the thought of cutting back my daily jog is actually quite horrifying but 6 months ago I could not tie my shoes w/o breaking into a sweat. You can go this!

66899_624553590901728_1789535743_n.jpg

Replies

• hunterman95
    hunterman95 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congratulations! Too funny, I just made a post yesterday with the same observation about how I used to break a sweat tying my shoes!
  • HeinekenMan
    HeinekenMan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    So you've lost 82 pounds in about five months? That's awesome. I can't wait until you get to report 100 pounds lost!

I just started my journey. I'm curious to know how you managed to lose that much. Was it simply by creating a calorie deficit of about 1,500 calories per day? That is what I'm doing. I am eating about 1,700 calories per day and my BMR is about 3,500. I suspect that I'll need to reduce my calories to 1,400-1,500 per day as I lose weight and my BMR drops.
  • tulsaBill
    tulsaBill Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    The graph is about a month late. I did not start it until Feb but I started MFP in Jan.

I started with a -1000 a day deficit and MFP reduced my calories every few weeks. When it got down under 1700 I changed the deficit to -750. When I get back down to under 1700 a day Ill change the deficit again to -500 and so on until i am at a 0 deficit.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!