5 week projection - how accurate

Options
For those of you who have been here a while, how accurate have you found the 5 week projection?
thanks.

Replies

• bsweettt
    Options
    unfortunately not very realistic! bummer because it always sounds so nice, but doesn't feel so right. eek! best of luck! =]
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I put my "In five weeks" estimate on my calendar on Sundays to give me a tentative target. So far, I've been close (Under. slightly over.)
  • thisemmabites
    Options
    Pretty dang close. I usually lose a little more than it says.
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    I put my "In five weeks" estimate on my calendar on Sundays to give me a tentative target. So far, I've been close (Under. slightly over.)
    That's a good idea! I'm going to start doing that too!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Its a rough mathmatic calculation based on your calorie deficit not taking into account your body or anything..
  • reinventingandrea
    Options

That's what I've started doing as well.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    For those of you who have been here a while, how accurate have you found the 5 week projection?
    thanks.

Personally, I have found it to be very close to what actually happens.

I just adore that little quote :love: :heart: :love: :heart: :love: :heart: :love:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Well, the five-week projection is based on a single day and I don't eat and exercise exactly the same each day, so not accurate because it's too subjective. Unless I'm not seeing a report that gives a more accurate picture of the whole week and projects from there? I haven't explored that far.

Also, I think my metabolism is much faster than MFP says because I'm losing double what the site says I should be losing.
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    thanks everybody. If it works out the same for me - I'm going to be very happy.
    I LOVE the calendar idea. I'm going to do that too.
    :)
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    A while ago, I started copying/pasting the In 5 Weeks message into my notes on my food diary. I went back and looked at 5 weeks ago and it said I would weigh 201.5lbs. I happen to get on the scale every day and today's weight was 201.2!!

While every day is not exactly the same, it does go to show that if you are consistent over time, it does work!!
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Well, the five-week projection is based on a single day and I don't eat and exercise exactly the same each day, so not accurate because it's too subjective. Unless I'm not seeing a report that gives a more accurate picture of the whole week and projects from there? I haven't explored that far.

Yeah, the variance on what mine has said from day to day is vast - like 4 pounds or so! So for me while I know it's there, I choose to pretend it's not and focus on my once-a-week weigh-in as well as my calories in/calories out numbers.
  • lisablueeyes
    lisablueeyes Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new to the board.. Where can i find the 5 week projection??
  • clo49
    clo49 Posts: 894
    Options
    At the bottom of your food diary page click the green button, "Complete this entry" for your five-week projection.:smile:
  • lisablueeyes
    lisablueeyes Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Thank you!:smile:
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    So I hit the 5 week mark today and I'm within 2 pounds of the projection. I'm pretty happy with that. I like the 5 week projection as it helps me keep focused on the bigger picture. :)