what's a good meal replacement shake?

Options
I am a waitress and rarely even get to take a break, let alone a lunch break! I was just wanting to get some ideas about a shake or something like that to take with me. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• klight1236
    klight1236 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Well what i use is my banana and peanut butter shake. I put:
    1 tbs peanut butter
    1 banana
    1 cup almond milk
    .5 cup Plain Greek yogurt
    (sometimes an egg white) and some veggies
    2-3 ice cubs
    and it fills me up for 2-4 hours. You can vary this and put more peanut butter or Greek yogurt in and to keep it cool mix some extra ice after everything is mixed.
    Or You can buy a bar from Walmart for like 1 dollar or a pack of 5 of life choice bars for 3.68 and they always have coupons so its usually cheaper.
  • purple180
    purple180 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Luna Protein bars are pretty good as well, they seem to keep me full for a couple of hours.
  • khummel1966
    khummel1966 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Advocare meal replacement shakes are good. The berry one is absolutely delicious!!
  • Goosie17
    Goosie17 Posts: 28
    Options
    Oh Yeah protein shakes are good :} I like strawberry & cookies n crème.
  • sarscott
    sarscott Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My husband and I really like the Gnc lean 25 shakes and we can drink them made lots of different ways!
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I keep a tub of Optimum Nutrition Oats & Whey in my drawers at work in case I miss a meal for whatever reason. WIth a cup of milk I get a good hit of protein, carbs and fat if using full cream milk. Tastes good too and adds a bit more fibre to your day.
  • janinealfke
    Options
    I use Dymatize whey protein isolate, rich chocolate from GNC. It's decent. There are so many out there. I would recommend getting one low in carbs, and by low I mean less than 6g of carbs....low sugar like 5g or less, and high in protein. There are literally hundreds out there on google and I have tried probably 20 of them....to little avail....you just have to order samples and try things at GNC or wherever you can....to find one that tastes good to you. None of them are fabulous lol.

Janine Alfke